My Megan turned 13 yesterday! We spent the day shopping downtown at City Creek Mall. (this photo is from Sunday night when we had a tour of Temple Square with the missionaries) My feet are still recovering from the shopping... It was so fun to spend that one-on-one time with her!
Words don't express how impressed I am with this daughter of mine. She is beautiful, that is true, but her outer beauty pales in comparison to her inner beauty.
She is kind. She is a hard worker. She is smart. She is insightful. She is silly. She is athletic (volleyball and dance). She is compassionate. She is funny. She is stylish. She is GOOD.
She weathered the trauma that is 7th grade and came out stronger for it. She is quickly becoming a leader in her young women's class. She is committed to making sure that even with her great love of fashion, she will stay modest. She is a fantastic babysitter and the littles that she tends LOVE her! It's so cute to see them with her at church.
Needless to say, I am incredibly proud of this young lady! I love her more than words can say, and I feel privileged to be her mother. I learn far more from her than she will ever learn from me.
Happy Birthday, Megs! I love you forever!

Comments