April...gone! It's kind of blowing my mind that it's May 1 and we only have about 5 weeks left of school. Truth be told, I'm rather looking forward to no schedules, no homework, and being able to sleep in... ok, scratch that last one. I'm walking with a friend at 6 a.m. No sleeping in for me! But I can come home and climb back into bed if I wanted to... :)
So, I was horrible about posting last month. But since I'm feeling so much better now, I'm sure I will post more often this month. Plus, there are fun things like dance recital and birthdays coming up in May!
But in the meantime, here are a few pictures to recap April 2012.
I am including this one because Sophie hardly ever lets me do her hair. I was pretty pleased with how this "Katniss" braid ended up looking. Sophie loves to have her hair come around the side over her shoulder. It's fun that her hair is finally growing out enough to do some of these fun styles.
This picture is of my crazy girl with her cousins at my mom's house. Instead of eating their lunch ON the picnic table, they all climbed UNDER it. Kids are so weird.
We had cousins in town from Arizona early this month too. Sophie had a ton of fun playing with Adelle.
More cousin fun. I'm not 100% sure how much I love the new playground at Draper Park, but the kids seem to enjoy some parts of it.
John had a couple of business trips in April, so of course I had to do a project... I finally painted the board and batten in the bathroom and hung these shelves above the toilet. I'm amazed at how much more storage these two little shelves provide!
Bryson is growing his hair out. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. So, we'll just see how this whole rite of passage plays out. He's such a cute kid. And such a good kid. Considering all the bad stuff he could be doing, having longer hair doesn't seem like such a big deal.
Bryson and Megan are playing volleyball together. It's been fun for me to watch them. I think Meg has been frustrated at times that it has come so easily to Bryson. But overall, I think they've enjoyed playing together.
Other goings-on:
Max is playing spring basketball. He's finally on a team with friends, and he's having a great time. Even though the team they played last week was freaky-good! They won their previous 2 games, and it's been fun to watch him continue to improve his basketball skills.
Easter was fun. The pickings were slim in the baskets, but I don't think the kids cared too much. They had fun with cousins and enjoyed a warmer-than-usual spring break.
Bryson spent Spring Break in St. George with a friend's family. He had a great time. It's been a month of ups and downs with him, and while I don't presume to think that I have this parenting-a-teen thing down, I have been learning a lot. And I have definitely been seeking the guidance of the Spirit more. Which can only be a good thing.
Sophie has spent the past couple of days being sick. She has a nasty cough, and has been running a temperature of up to 102 at times. Sick 6-year-olds are not super fun, but I have to admit, I do love the snuggles. And having to lay on the couch to watch movies with her isn't all bad either...
I can't even begin to express how much better I'm feeling. I still have days with ups and downs, but the heavy darkness is definitely faded to partly-cloudy. It's due (I'm sure) in large part to the medication kicking in, but also to some books I've read that for some reason have really struck a chord with me. But that's a whole post on it's own. Needless to say, I am just so grateful that some of the things that I have read and felt have made such an unbelievable difference. I will write a post about these books and my change of heart soon, I promise.
So I guess to sum it up: April was a transition month for me. It started out still quite dark and difficult, but by its end, I feel the glimmerings of a great hope and joy in my heart. I can only hope that May brings a continued upward swing and lightness of heart.
How beautiful would that be??
Comments