Ugh, so mid May already! I know I said that I'd be posting about some of the books and ideas that have helped make such a difference with this depression thing, but it's still been kind of an up and down thing, and I guess I am just not in a place where I want to get into it yet.
But in the meantime, we've been up to dealing with sickness and injury.
Sophie missed a week of school with this really strange fever/cough thing. Every evening/night her fever would spike close to 103. And she had this hacking cough. The snuggles were good, the refusal to take medicine so she could sleep through the night was not so good.
She's feeling back to normal now. Coughing now and then, but nothing like she was before.
Injury report: Bryson was playing basketball in the neighbor's driveway with some buddies and landed weird on his foot. We pulled up about 5 minutes after it happened and as soon as I saw his face I knew we needed to go to the hospital.
I thought for sure it was broken.
It wasn't though. Just a nasty sprain. He hobbled around on crutches for about a week, and now he's kind of limping around on it. No ball for a little while yet though.
This picture makes me wince, and then laugh. It's so squishy! and HUGE! The swelling has gone down quite a bit now. Thank heaven.
Last fall our trampoline died. We were so sad. The kids had loved it!! But, thanks to the wonder that is Facebook, we were able to get a replacement for freeeeeeeee! {bonus points if you can tell me where the "for freeeeeee!" reference is from} My aunt saw my post and happened to have a tramp that they haven't really used in a long time, and she offered it to me. I was beyond excited. And as you can see, Sophie is LOVING it!
She's out on it every single day. Multiple times. It's wonderful!
School's almost out!! Yay, yay, yay! I'm more than ready to be done with worrying about homework, grades and getting up early! {oh wait, I'm walking at 6 every morning...so much for sleeping in} But at least I can go back to bed if I want.
It's amazing how much gets crammed into the last few weeks of school. Dance Recitals, field trips, reports... Not to mention birthdays, holidays and bbq's... Oh well. It's mostly fun stuff, so it's all good.
I'll be working on a post going into a little more detail about the change in mentality I've been going through lately...
I'm also going to try to post a little more regularly. I've gone back and forth about this blog - not really being sure of what I want it to be - or if it even matters. In some ways, I'd like to find a way to broaden my audience, but I'm not really sure what I would have to offer in blog-land. I have a desire to create something...and I really do love to write - hopefully I can find something to inspire me {and/or others}.
Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated.
I will be back with a new post soon. Like I said, it's a busy time. There should be lots to write about.
Comments
Love you.