Ready for a picture heavy post?
Well, you're getting one anyway.
My girls have been taking dance from our friend Liz (who very conveniently runs an awesome little studio from her house - and it is also in our ward...)
Megan has been taking dance since she was preschool aged, and Sophie took it once 2 years ago, and again this year.
So, recital time has now come and gone! I can't believe how quickly they seem to roll around each year! We love our fun shows, and the girls have a great time rehearsing and getting ready for their big performance.
These pictures are from their first dress rehearsal the week before the actual recital.
And because I inconveniently forgot to bring my camera the night of the actual recital, these are from the dress rehearsal the night before the recital... I love watching these girls dance!
Sophie danced to "You'll Be In My Heart" from Tarzan
Megan danced to "You Can't Stop The Beat" from Hairspray
She was also in a combined number with a medley of broadway music
She had a fall, and totally lost it.
No, I'm kidding.
This was during "Memories" from Cats
I was very impressed with her acting skills as the girls all sobbed and cried when the little cats were crawling across the stage.
The ending song in the medley was "Popular" from Wicked.
I absolutely love watching my girls dance. I love watching Megan come out of her shell and be so animated and free. I love watching Sophie with her graceful little moves and her natural abilities. I am so grateful that we have such a wonderful {and affordable} studio that allows my girls to experience dance.
Comments
Thanks for all your help with recital.