Recovering

I'm not gonna lie, the last couple of months have been rough.  Personally.  Nothing major in my life, no tragedy, no serious upheaval.  It's just been a really REALLY difficult bout of depression, and it's made it impossible for me to feel like doing anything.  Let alone blog.  

I'm getting over the blackest part of it, but I'm currently in that stage where I can run the whole spectrum from elation to anguish and back again in a day.  Heck, in an hour!  I am praying that this passes soon.

The thing is, my life is so good!  It's crazy that I feel so bleak!  I mean, who could feel depressed with this life?






It's a good life.  I know it is.  I'm so grateful for it!  

I'm never sure about how much of this type of thing to post, and I'm not really sure why I am sharing it now - but maybe it's just so that if anyone else has had similar times, you can know that you are not the only one.  It doesn't mean that we are weak, or lacking in faith, or anything else.  It just IS.  

One thing that it has taught me is to be careful about how I look at others.  To quit assuming that I know anything about their life or making judgements about decisions that are made...  We do not know the inner workings of another person's heart.

I'm glad that I'm on the back side of this episode though.  It was really really hard.  

It hasn't been all bad though.  I've got some pictures of the fun stuff that's been happening over the past couple of weeks, and I'll post those in the next day or two.  


Comments

Cindy said…
I messaged you on FB;) Hope today is a BEAUTIFUL day....you are an AMAZING person. THANK YOU!!!
Keesha said…
Karen, I think you are amazing! I am blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for always being so honest and true to yourself. I think that says the most about a person :)