A Birthday Post


So this guy turned 40 this month.  


He had to spend the weekend of his birthday in Texas for Draw Collar business with his uncle.  So we didn't really get to celebrate his day properly.  He came home with this really cool cowboy hat though...


I had seen the idea on Pinterest where they hang the pictures or memories from balloons, but I didn't want to mess with the balloons.  And since John was coming home on a Sunday, I would have had to get them on Saturday and I worried that the helium would not keep the balloons afloat after that long.

So I adjusted it.  I had the kids and myself do 8 cards each either drawing a picture,  or writing a memory, or just something that we love about him.



Then I took some yarn and clips I had on hand and hung them from the chandelier in the kitchen.  It looked so fun!  John was definitely surprised and touched by it.





























I could be all sappy about this and list all of the things that I love about this guy, but I think I have done that enough in past blog posts.  I hope he knows how much I love him and how lucky I feel to be his wife.

Happy Birthday babe!  Great things are ahead for us.  I am beyond grateful for all that you do for me and our children.  Our kids could not have a better example to look up to.  


I love you!!  

Comments

John L said…
Never have felt younger in my life! Probably because I have a wonderful wife and amazing children that love to laugh at me and with me. Thanks for always being there for me.