Some Random Catching Up

Not a ton has been going on around these parts.  John was out of town last weekend (Wed night to Sun. night).  And of course, the kids (all 4) were out of school early on Thursday and had no school Friday... Which meant that I had got to entertain them ALL all weekend long.

It's actually not that bad.  And there was enough going on that it went by really fast.  On Friday, we cleaned up a little and then went to see The Lorax.  Cute, very heavy handed with the environmentalism, but cute.  Then I had to go to a party at John's work (yes, he was gone, but his coworker - and our friend - Mary was going to be going solo since her husband had to work - so I went with her)  It was not too horrible.  Awkward, but not horrible.

Saturday, we went to the 5A boys basketball championship game.  My brother in law is the head coach at Brighton, and they had surprised everyone by making it to the finals.  So I took Bryson and went with my parents and sister to support him and Lindsay.  They ended up getting creamed by Lone Peak, but overall, it was a very successful season for the Bengals.  Once home from the game and dinner, I went shopping with my sister Amy for some maternity clothes.  For her.  Not me.  Definitely not me.  Ever.

So, anyways, it was a pretty full weekend.  John had gone to Atlanta for the Hearth Expo.  We are still plugging away with the Draw Collar.  We did receive some good news yesterday - all of the testing is completed, and we should be good to go for selling in Canada!!!  YAY!  We have a great distributor up there who has worked his guts out and is on the verge of a couple of major deals with some chain retailers.  Cross your fingers and pray for us that things will get moving again...

Yesterday was Parent Teacher Conferences for Max and Sophie.  They are both doing well.  Max is working hard in class and resource and is coming along in his own way and time.  I am just so grateful that he has some good little friends and that he is not picked on because of the extra help he needs.  Honestly, this is my greatest prayer for him  - to be surrounded by people who love and accept him for the amazingly sweet kid that he is.

One impression that kept coming to me during the conferences is that I really need to be better organized.  Not just like physically organized with my space, but in ALL aspects of my life.  I need a schedule.  I need to organize my thoughts and clearly define goals for myself.  If I can get a better handle on the person and life that I want to be and have, then everything else will work itself out.  My kids will learn from my example, they will benefit from my more efficient use of time, and I will be happier which makes the kids feel more secure.

So, as I type this about being better organized, I look around and see the mayhem that surrounds me...  I guess I better go get to work.

Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
I feel you! Sometimes, okay, always I feel like I waste too much time. Must. Be. More. Productive! Reading blogs/Pinterest/emails/facebook is productive, right?