My goodness! Friday again... And not only another Friday, but nearly the end of March!! You cannot tell me that time is not just whizzing by!
I never have gotten completely caught up with everything that was neglected last week. It's just been a little here and there: laundry when the kids are out of clean underwear, dishes done when the sink is too full to hold more, sweeping when I can't walk without stepping on crumbs, bathrooms wiped down when... well... You get the idea.
I did, however, get my Easter decorations up. I kept it pretty simple this year.
Yesterday was John's day off, and we spent the entire day working on the garage. I'm not sure if I mentioned that we are moving the entire Draw Collar operation to our house, but we are... and we needed to organize the garage so that we can start building them there. We started by taking EVERYTHING out, and then built a work bench along the side and back of the entire garage.
I should have taken pictures. Agh! Why didn't I take pictures?? To give you an idea of what my yard looked like: we had at least 5 people stop and ask if we were having a yard sale.
We didn't quite get finished, so much of the stuff ended up shoved back inside when it got too dark to keep going. So, looks like we will be working on that project again soon. I will take pictures next time.
I get to see the Hunger Games movie tonight. Should be fun. Both Megan and Bryson saw it with friends last night and they both really enjoyed it.
Then tomorrow night (Saturday), I'm taking Megan to the Conference Center downtown to watch the General Young Women's Meeting. I think the experience of being IN the Conference Center with all of those other Young Women and hearing from the church leaders in person has the potential of being a very powerful thing at this stage in her life. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe we'll even brave the City Creek Center. We'll see though.
This week has been a hard one for me emotionally. I don't quite know what it is, but for some reason, I am just feeling completely overwhelmed by my life right now. I'm hoping that the nice weather and getting a few things accomplished will help me snap out of it.
I never have gotten completely caught up with everything that was neglected last week. It's just been a little here and there: laundry when the kids are out of clean underwear, dishes done when the sink is too full to hold more, sweeping when I can't walk without stepping on crumbs, bathrooms wiped down when... well... You get the idea.
I did, however, get my Easter decorations up. I kept it pretty simple this year.
| this bunny was found years ago at Pier 1. The eggs are from the Dollar Store. |
| These eggs, and the ones in the glass bowl and cylinder vases were found years ago at the dollar store. I haven't bought anything new for Easter this year. |
Yesterday was John's day off, and we spent the entire day working on the garage. I'm not sure if I mentioned that we are moving the entire Draw Collar operation to our house, but we are... and we needed to organize the garage so that we can start building them there. We started by taking EVERYTHING out, and then built a work bench along the side and back of the entire garage.
I should have taken pictures. Agh! Why didn't I take pictures?? To give you an idea of what my yard looked like: we had at least 5 people stop and ask if we were having a yard sale.
We didn't quite get finished, so much of the stuff ended up shoved back inside when it got too dark to keep going. So, looks like we will be working on that project again soon. I will take pictures next time.
I get to see the Hunger Games movie tonight. Should be fun. Both Megan and Bryson saw it with friends last night and they both really enjoyed it.
Then tomorrow night (Saturday), I'm taking Megan to the Conference Center downtown to watch the General Young Women's Meeting. I think the experience of being IN the Conference Center with all of those other Young Women and hearing from the church leaders in person has the potential of being a very powerful thing at this stage in her life. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe we'll even brave the City Creek Center. We'll see though.
This week has been a hard one for me emotionally. I don't quite know what it is, but for some reason, I am just feeling completely overwhelmed by my life right now. I'm hoping that the nice weather and getting a few things accomplished will help me snap out of it.
Comments