Here Comes the Sun

So, it's weird.  We've had this ridiculously mild winter (which has been great), but since we had these last couple of snow storms, I'm totally itching for spring!

Yesterday {ok, today, but it's after 12 1, so... yesterday...} we finally had a warm - ish, beautiful sunny day!  And the kids couldn't have been happier.  

Max and Sophie are out of school today (fri), so they had early out day (on thurs).  From the moment Sophie got home and realized that it wasn't freezing outside, she started begging for sidewalk chalk.  I resisted at first - for no real reason other than laziness :) - but finally caved in.  So we went and bought a jumbo case of sidewalk chalk.  I'm rationing it a little though.  For some reason, It totally bugs me when there's a million broken chalks in the box...  At least this way, it will last longer.  I hope.

Anyways, as soon as we got home, she got busy.




This started out as a self-portrait, but when she started to draw her brother, his head was smaller, so she decided that it was Megan and Max.  She's pretty big on accuracy. 


And of course, if you have sidewalk chalk, you must do hopscotch!



I know the lines are messed up.  Don't judge me.  

Even Max and John got in on the hopscotch action.




It was so nice to be outside for a few hours.  Even if the breeze was a bit cold still.  The sunshine did wonders for my mood.  Watching my kids engage in such innocent fun gave me a boost too.  

These pictures make me happy.

I'm glad I bought the chalk.

Comments

bpaulsen said…
These are the moments that you realize define "joy". Small, innocent, pure, happy times that defy logic. Happy Parenting and Happy Memories to my dear daughter....mom
bpaulsen said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pan x 8 said…
I agree with bpaulsen... It made me happy just reading and seeing the pics. I so feel the same away about the chalk - it's like the crayons! =)
Joshua Jensen said…
Sophie is going to be such a great artist! I can't wait to see her talents develop! We (my kids looking over my shoulder and I) love the pics!