Catching Up (the rest of last weekend)




So, last Thursday, after drawing with chalk and playing hopscotch, we took the kids to the church to play a little basketball...



I love how trusting Max is.  He seriously just sat there and didn't even flinch when his dad came flying over him from behind.

Here is John showing off his new Draw Collar t-shirt.  I love it.


Sophie and I were playing with the dry erase board...


After playing, it was time to get back to work.  Sophie is now bringing home 5 "sam" books every night.  She's flying through them, and it is so fun to see her becoming a reader!  



And Bryson, cute as ever, constantly steals my iPod to play "draw something" and be on Facebook...


Friday, gorgeous again.  Park day!  Max and Sophie were out of school so they each had a friend come meet us at the park to play.






We walked home and then ran to McDonalds to grab lunch.  The rest of the day was spent playing.  I always feel like I'm a mom who says no a lot.  I'm trying to be better about that.  It was nice to be the "fun mom" for once.  



I loved my sister's post about being a happy mom.  It was a good reminder to me that even though I'm not always the "fun mom", the kind of mom that I am is just fine.  Sure, I have room for improvement, and qualities that I would like to develop and incorporate into my mommy style, but it's also okay for me to quit beating myself up about the rest of it.  Check her post out.  It's worth the read.


Comments

pan x 8 said…
Awesome time together... I can't believe Sophie is reading, time is flying so fast and Max looks so old compared to "little Max" in my mind.

"Fun Mom" is relative and in my mind a Mom who is there is the "Fun Mom! Which you are.. =)