Can you believe we are 2 days away from March?? It's insanity, I tell you! So - that means it's time to pull out the St Patrick's Day decorations! I don't have that many, so it's really just little touches here and there to make it feel like I did anything...
This printable is one I printed off last year (I think I linked to it then) but I don't have the source on this computer, so I can't link to it now. Thanks to the beauty of Pinterest, there are dozens of free printables for nearly any holiday you can think of. Except Bastille Day. Haven't seen any for that. :)
For the other side of the mantel, I just continued with the green and white thing I have going on. I had bought the white candlestick at the D.I. forever ago, with plans to make it into a cake platter/stand thing. I've had the shamrocks for several years now, and can't think of where I got them originally. Probably Tai Pan or something.
I was feeling like my mirror just needed a little something, so I took the square wreath off of my back door and hung it over the mirror. I really like how it turned out.
Now you know I enjoy decorating the inside of my fireplace {otherwise it's just a big black hole, right?}. So I just gathered my topiaries from around the house, and threw some shamrocks in a bud vase, and set them in front of the gold mirrors. Easy peasy.
These little leprechaun guys with their pot 'o gold were made by my talented sister, Amy. She normally has them with a set of blocks that say "luck 'o the Irish", but I just have the figurines. She actually just made a set for our sister in law that represent her 3 kids {her oldest was born on St. Patty's day}. So the leprechauns have blond hair, and the blocks say "my pot of gold". SO cute. (I'm sure she'll have them on her blog soon - link from my sidebar)
And since those are all of my decorations specific to St. Patrick's Day, I had to pull out my cute blocks. -Again, made by Amy. I saw something on pinterest, that used split peas as vase filler, so that might be a cheap addition to my apothecaries on the piano to bring some green over there... We shall see.
I have another friend who is brave enough to let me help her decorate her home. I love doing it - It is fun to be able to get my redecorating fix without having to spend money (at least my own), or rearrange my own house. So, if any friends are getting the itch to switch things up a bit, feel free to call me. I'd love to help!
Comments