It's a Brand New Year

January 1st, Baby!!

So holy cow.  Another year.  I've seriously been doing a lot of thinking about my "word" for the year.  I'm torn between a few.  I'm pretty sure I did "intentional" one year - but I can't find the post for my 2011 word.  I still feel like that would apply to what I want to accomplish this year...

But I'm also considering "prepared" - because of a conversation that I had with my sister last week.  I think that applies in so many aspects of my life as well too...

My main goal this year is to be a little more prepared for things.  John and I are going to set a major priority on getting our finances in check.  We were given money to go towards food storage.  I want to get our 72 hour kits restocked.  I want to be prepared ahead of time for birthdays and special occasions.  I want to be more intentional about them.  I want to plan ahead for meals.   

So you see how both words apply.  They both also apply to my spiritual self.  And my physical self.  

It's a connundrum, I tell you.  And I'll keep you posted as to my final decision. Maybe I'll have two words.  There's no rule against that, right?

But in the spirit of a new year, I was feeling the urge for change.  Surprise, right?  But I didn't want it to be some intangible idea or goal that I have to work at.  I was after immediate gratification, people.

So....

Yesterday, John and I spent the day painting the kitchen.  We had paint left over from the bathroom, so it didn't cost us anything.  




I can't even tell you the difference it has made up there!  I love it so much.

It's one of those things that makes me so excited, and since it's so pretty, I'm feeling much more motivated to keep it clean.  It's bright and cheery...

Just the first of many changes that this year will bring.

2012 will be a good year.

I can just feel it.

Comments

I can't even begin to say how much I LOVE that new color!!!! It is completely gorgeous. And it makes the whole room so bright. Can't wait to see it in person.
xoxo,
Amy
Monika said…
It looks amazing!
Joshua Jensen said…
Love the new color! It looks so fresh!
pan x 8 said…
I agree it looks so fresh and so pretty!