{megan moments}
{bryson pics}
{max's memories}
{silly sophie}
Ok, so this picture (above) is from the screen shot at the end of the ride. Sophie was terrified. And she refused to go on the ride again.
Oh, yum. We ate Monte Cristo sandwiches at the Blue Bayou on our first day. Heaven with a dash of powdered sugar.
When we were watching the youtube clips of the Disneyland Secrets, we saw that if you ask really nicely, sometimes they will let you ride up at the top of the Mark Twain Riverboat and pull the horn and ring the bell. We told them it was Bryson's birthday (which it kinda was - just 2 days late) and they took John and 3 of the kids up. Max didn't really care to go, so he was fine to stay on deck with me. The kids got a certificate, and Bryson signed the log book that they had up there.
It was really fun getting the kids to take a few pictures with the characters around. Bryson was a good sport about it all.
We took the raft to the pirate island and played around for a while. Max was wishing the treasure was real. So was I.
Here we are going on Splash Mountain again. Sophie became nearly hysterical when we tried to take her on it, so I made John take her out before we got to the ride.
Megan was loving these vintage looking posters, so we had to get this shot...
Seriously, I can't believe it was a week ago that we were saying goodbye to California and heading to St. George! A whole week has gone by. January ends on Tuesday, people!! My nightmare of having this year race by is coming true! Before I can even think, it will be Easter. And then summer. And then....
Ok. I'll stop. No sense getting all freaked out.
At least we were able to start the year out by making memories that I know I will treasure for the rest of my life.
My goal now is to create moments in our every day lives that feel like this trip felt. I want to make little efforts to create memories. I want to have and document those moments where my heart swells. I'm pretty sure there is potential in every day to have those little moments. Potential. Not that I think it will happen every single day... :) But if I think there is that possibility, maybe I will be more aware of them when they do occur.



Comments