Changing It Up

So I will post about our trip sometime soon, but I just wanted to share these changes I've made since the Christmas decorations came down...

With my blue walls, I wanted to try something new to go with them, so I am adding orange.  I only had a couple of orange flowers, so I had to make a trip to Rod Works.

For the cost of a Disneyland sweatshirt, I was able to get a bunch of things to put in my house to add the pops of orange I was looking for.

I put this one directly on the blue wall to really emphasize the color combination.  I'll be adding things to the shelves and black cabinet as I find them to bring in a little more life to this corner.  And I have some fun plans for some miniature canvases I got on super-clearance at Michael's last summer that will go above the window over the sink.




THIS piece of art replaced my book wreath above the piano.  I LOVE how it brings the orange and blue together and bridges the spaces between the kitchen/dining and living rooms.  

I SO love it.  IT makes me happy.  I think it brings so much color and life to this spot!


I had found the perfect blue 4x6 frame at TJMAXX before I left.  While preparing for our trip we watched some utube clips about secrets at Disney and they talked about the silhouette shop on Main Street.  I knew that I wanted a silhouette done of my kids while we were there for this frame.  I LOVE how it turned out.  The lady that did the kids' one was SO good.  The whole thing took 5 minutes.  And it was $9 per silhouette (and you get an extra one for free because of the way she cuts them out).  So for $36, I have a souvenir that I will treasure way more than a tshirt.  (link to printable in white frame below here)


The blue vases I have had for a while (you remember when I was trying to use aqua and red up here?).  So out they came, and in went my orange flowers that had been tucked downstairs.  Although, now looking at them, I think I may grab a couple yellow ones from down there too...


So, here is another little orange accent that I picked up, and when I hung it and took the picture with the wreath in the background, I noticed....



That the wreath that my mom gave me and that has been hanging in my entry forever has a TON of orange flowers in it!!!  

I love it when things you already have work out!!  And even though the wreath didn't move, it suddenly looks deliberate.  I was so excited~


And because Valentines Day is just around the corner, I got out the decorations yesterday.

I don't have a ton of them, but I like that they don't really compete too much with the colors I have going on.  So I was able to just add them to what I already have up.



The printable in the frame is from Sprik Space - I had to cut it down to fit this weird sized frame, so it's a little different than the original.   (you may be able to see above in the picture with the piano, that there is another printable - you can find it here)









Comments

Karen said…
oh my goodness, and ignore the mess in sophie's room down the hall in the one picture... sheesh.
Annalyn said…
You are so amazing at switching things up all the time!!! I admire that in you so much - I'm getting ready to have a room downstairs painted (future craft room), and I'm loving your blue color - I might just have to come take a closer look!! And love the orange...it makes me happy just seeing pictures!
pan x 8 said…
It looks so pretty! Erin's right, ti totally makes me smile and feel so fresh! I have this mirror idea I want to use inspired by your mirror idea.. love love love it!
pan x 8 said…
LOL Karen, I went back to look at Sophie's room ~ it's totally not that bad but made me laugh!

I love the silouhette, it's so beautiful and you are right - way better than a t-shirt!