The Wreck

Friday night John and I went on a date.  We went and saw Sherlock Holmes.  SO good, btw!  We then had dinner at Chili's.  We headed home around 11:15.  We didn't get home until 12:45.

As we headed home on 114th, we were cruising through the green light at 7th, when some drunk kids in a silver car facing us suddenly turned left in front of us.  We had no time to try to avoid it, and t-boned it.  The silver car then plowed into a gorgeous black lexus that was waiting to turn left to head west on 114th.  They pushed the lexus back about 20 feet and up and onto the concrete median...




Luckily no one was hurt.  Our airbags didn't deploy (which I think was a blessing since I've heard they can cause injuries themselves...).  Our car probably suffered the least amount of damage.

We haven't seen an adjuster yet, and we have no idea how much damage was really done.  I just hope that the insurance company doesn't mess us up again on this one.


Just so grateful that there were no injuries, and that those dumb kids didn't end up killing anyone.  They were sooo wasted, they could have easily hit someone head on...

So this was my first real car accident.  I had wondered if I was ever in a car accident if I would have time to scream, or if I would scream...  And yes.  I did.  

Life.  Gotta love it.

Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
Soo glad everyone is ok. As long as they have auto insurance, those companies are usually pretty good about these things. At least I hope for your sake they will be. Still not fun. I hate car accidents, no fun.
Sorry. What a pain. But truly such a blessing that everyone was ok. prayers for a quick turn around.