So, I have to say - Funnest bishopric Christmas party - ever! There is a story behind the elf hats -
There have been a couple of new assistant secretaries/clerks called, and John and the rest of them love to tease the newbies. About a month ago during a meeting, when the Christmas dinner was brought up, my John asked if they would be dressing in the elf costumes again this year. The rest of the guys picked up on it pretty quickly, and went along with the joke... Poor Gary wasn't 100% sure if they were joking or not (and who can blame him?? this IS the bishopric that dressed up as KISS and the Blue Man Group...). Anyway, the matter was dropped.
Until this week. At their meeting on Wed, John said that he had tried on his elf costume and that the tights had ripped, so they'd need to be mended... Again. Everyone just went along with the joke. Gary - still not 100% sure what to think.
So when John told me the story, I thought it would be really funny if we DID dress up like elves for the dinner and then Gary would be TOTALLY confused and never know what to believe with these guys. I made a quick call to Jenn and she loved the idea. Luckily, she was going to be near some party store and agreed to look for the hats and bells. Success!
It turned out to be the funnest night. John and Bill went "full elf" and took the costumes further than just the hats that most of us wore. Honestly, I love this bishopric. They are so fun and full of
I was telling John yesterday, that I am so glad to be married to him. I can't imagine not laughing every single day with my husband! I think I would shrivel up and die if I was married to someone very serious and staid... Oh, I love you John!
~~
So another funny story - I think I've mentioned how if I make Sophie mad or sad she will draw a picture of a heart with a broken line through it and leave it on the counter or on my pillow so that I know I've broken her heart...
Well, she has taken to expressing herself in a little more detail through art:
There was a day last week where she and Megan were playing around and chasing and teasing each other. And, apparently it went a little further than Sophie wanted it to, because this is her artistic rendering of the event...
This is Sophie barring the door of her room. She is trying to keep Megan out, you can see Megan's arm caught in the door, and the tip of her hat up higher... You can tell Sophie didn't like what was happening by the broken heart at the top of the drawing.
Oh, my gosh. I think this little "thing" of hers to draw her feelings is the funniest thing EVER! I love how much she loves to draw. I'll have to share more of her art sometime. Especially this picture that she drew of our friends. So great.
~~
So I need to get my hair done. At least colored again. I'm thinking blonder.
But I LOVE these cuts... What do you think? Should I abandon my long hair fantasy?? Because, lets face it, it is just fantasy at this point... Thoughts?

I hope that you are all having a fantastic beginning of December! May the shopping gods smile upon you and me as we frantically try to get it all done... it's not just me that hasn't started, right??
Happy Holidays!!


Comments