Getting My Festive On

So I'm finally getting around to sprucing up the entrance to my house...  Getting it all festive-y...



There WILL be something on that hook soon, just have to find a cute lantern or ornament or something.
It's just some pine boughs I cut from the gigantic tree in the front yard that I stuck into my concrete urn.  I wish I could get a lit entry tree, but alas, it is not in the budget this year...


This old birdcage made it's way back over by the front door, so we stuck some pine sprigs and ornaments and pinecones inside and voila!...  I like how it looks.  I wish I had painted the cage, but it's waaaay too cold right now to do it.


The front door itself is not quite done, I really want to put mini lights on the branches, and get some bigger ornaments to make more of a statement, but so far, I'm liking how it's turning out.  The plan was to spray the branches white too, but again... too cold.


So for 0$, I was able to transform my front door!  Not too bad!


Comments

Colleen said…
Karen, you're amazing!!! I wish I had a touch of your creativity!
Joshua Jensen said…
Once again you amaze me. I think I'm at the point that I am willing to pay you to decorate my front porch. I seriously have NOTHING! I am feeling like I need something. Help!
It looks wonderful, Karen! i love it all.
xoxo,
Amy
pan x 8 said…
It looks so beautiful! You know you are right about the big ornaments... I'm trying to budget to grab a ton of stuff after Christmas when everything goes down 75%! One place I love is Pier 1 (I love their stuff).
Ashleyl said…
You have such a talent! I love it!
Monika said…
LOVE! You are so amazing!!