So, if you are my friend on Facebook, you know all about this - but last night when my daughter got out of the shower downstairs, she called up to me that there was something "in" the ceiling.
Wha...??
So, I went down to check it out, and there was what looked like a huge water blister on the ceiling. Fantastic. The valve in the upstairs bath had broken and had been leaking down the wall and into the ceiling below.
I sooo did not want to tell John about it when he got home! He's been dealing with so much pressure lately that I thought for sure he would freak out. But he held it together pretty well.
We also removed the old (shallow) cast iron tub, and have a new deeper --much lighter-- bathtub. woohoo!
While I am so sad and bugged and stressed that this happened right now - I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit excited about being able to update the bathroom a little. We'll still have to do it on the cheap, but I get to change the wall colors, put up the bead board I want, and (hopefully) replace the vanity. Not to mention the fact that we have finally gotten rid of the hideous acrylic tub surround that has been here all these years. And tile. Yay tile!! Tile walls and tile floor. I can't wait.
Now, the only pressure is paying for all of this, and getting it at least useable by Thanksgiving - which - yes. I'm hosting. 17 kids 12 adults + 1 bathroom, is not something I want to deal with.
So lots of work going on, there will be much to keep us busy over the next 2 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. Crossed fingers that it will get done!
I just wanted to quickly add here, that I have such wonderful friends! We had a sweet friend bring dinner over (delish, btw!). My girls night out friends were so understanding about me bailing tonight. And friends and family checking in and offering encouragement and help. Thank you so, so much!! We feel very loved.
And THAT brings me joy - even in the midst of trials.
Wha...??
So, I went down to check it out, and there was what looked like a huge water blister on the ceiling. Fantastic. The valve in the upstairs bath had broken and had been leaking down the wall and into the ceiling below.
I sooo did not want to tell John about it when he got home! He's been dealing with so much pressure lately that I thought for sure he would freak out. But he held it together pretty well.
Luckily today was John's day off. So he spent nearly the entire day ripping out walls, replacing plumbing, and tearing up the subfloor, taking out the toilet...
I'm totally dying that we have a toilet sitting in our yard. It's 10:30, and yes, it's still there. John swears it will be back in the house tonight (we'll take it back up and replace it after tile is done)
We also removed the old (shallow) cast iron tub, and have a new deeper --much lighter-- bathtub. woohoo!
While I am so sad and bugged and stressed that this happened right now - I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit excited about being able to update the bathroom a little. We'll still have to do it on the cheap, but I get to change the wall colors, put up the bead board I want, and (hopefully) replace the vanity. Not to mention the fact that we have finally gotten rid of the hideous acrylic tub surround that has been here all these years. And tile. Yay tile!! Tile walls and tile floor. I can't wait.
Now, the only pressure is paying for all of this, and getting it at least useable by Thanksgiving - which - yes. I'm hosting. 17 kids 12 adults + 1 bathroom, is not something I want to deal with.
So lots of work going on, there will be much to keep us busy over the next 2 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. Crossed fingers that it will get done!
I just wanted to quickly add here, that I have such wonderful friends! We had a sweet friend bring dinner over (delish, btw!). My girls night out friends were so understanding about me bailing tonight. And friends and family checking in and offering encouragement and help. Thank you so, so much!! We feel very loved.
And THAT brings me joy - even in the midst of trials.
Comments