{Joy - Day 14} A Little About the Eagle Project and a Little About the Rest of Our Lives

I don't know that today's post will have much to do with the joy of the season, but that's ok.  - isn't it?

Right after school, we were delivering the shoeboxes for Bryson's Eagle Project.  These shoeboxes are to help a little 10 year old boy (dying of a brain tumor) fulfill his wish of sponsoring 100 boxes that get sent to children around the world living in poverty.  More information here.  I am so excited by the support that our ward has given.  I think that just the ward members will fill around 50 boxes.  And then our extended family has chosen this cause for our yearly service project, and we anticipate filling at least another 40.  My aunt was this little boy's hospice nurse, and when she heard about the number of boxes the ward is doing, she was in tears knowing how excited Thomas will be.  (unfortunately, they don't think he will live to this Christmas...)

It sure puts things into perspective.  It has been really heartwarming to see how excited Bryson is to be able to help this little boy - as well as those children around the world.  His favorite video clip is this one.  It makes me laugh and cry every time I watch it.

So I guess that qualifies as joy of the season, yeah?

Anyway...

Megan had a random Monday volleyball game tonight - she KILLED it.  In this new level (7-9 graders), they have moved the service fault line back, and until tonight, she's typically needed the arm band that allows her to cross that line.  But tonight, she was serving these powerful serves from behind the official line.  She did awesome.  I wish so much that she was on a competitive team.  The girls on her team are very annoying.  They don't move.  The watch the ball land right next to them.  I know it's a rec league, but whatever.  If you don't want to try, then don't sign up!

ok, rant over.

After her game, John and I ran to Home Depot to try and find a new vanity.  sigh.  Everything is so expensive!  We think we found some options that will work.  We were also looking at tile options.



We are talking about a very neutral main tile with some sort of cool accent band around the shower.  But no decisions were made.  Soon.  Very soon.




Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
LOVE, LoVe, love the accent tiles! I'm sure Sophie's room will be amazing as is everything you do.