Excuses {?? days of Joy}

So, yeah, it's been a few.  But considering everything, I don't feel the least bit guilty about bailing on the 30 days of joy.  

In this picture I caught Megan tossing a shovelful  of leaves over the fence in the back yard instead of bagging them.  When she and Bryson saw they were busted, they died.  



They quickly mended their ways and we ended up bagging about 20 bags of leaves...  Completely exhausting.  "shade in summer, shade in summer..."


So, I don't have a true before picture of the bathroom, but here it is after the surround was taken down.

We put Bryson to work - he helped screw down the new subfloor.  And some of the cement board.




And here is the new bathroom - nearly completed!  I love it.  John got the board and batten installed tonight, and as soon as it's painted, I will get pics of that wall too.  



Thanksgiving was at my house this year.  Thank heaven I did not have to cook.  In order to fit everyone, we took the couches down to the patio and set up 2 ten-foot tables end to end.  We also had a small table in the corner for the little boys, and another table in front of the pantry for the food to set on.

After dinner, we had a few games - Thanksgiving bingo, duck-duck-turkey, and the turkey-pokey.  



Yesterday and today the Christmas decorations went up, and I am ready for the season!  I have only 2 items purchased for Christmas, but I'm not stressed - yet.  I'm sure it will get done in time.  


I'm loving how my living room is looking.  I'll get better pics soon.

All in all, it's been a crazy busy week or two.  But a lot has been accomplished, and I have some ideas brewing for holiday fun.  I'm really looking forward to trying some new things this year, and to making some fabulous memories with the kiddos.

I'll try to get back on track with more frequent posting.  So until next time...



Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
Hooray for a new bathroom! (Even if your hand was forced.) I love the turkey games, I might have to get copies of those. We just have no original thoughts, I guess. Hooray for joy!
pan x 8 said…
Your bathroom is beautiful. We had Thanksgiving at our house too but I had to cook, how'd you get away with that? Oh and we used 2 separate tables this year, our first try.. I don't think I like that idea! Love that I'm not the only one that has to move furniture around to get everyone to fit!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Annalyn said…
Your bathroom is beautiful! Hope your holiday was happy! And way to go that Christmas is up!! I'm barely getting Thanksgiving down - but it's in the works :)
Alysha said…
Love the new bathroom! The wall color is so pretty. Seeing that picture of Thanksgiving made me sad. As much fun as San Diego was...it didn't feel like Thanksgiving without the family. Miss you guys!