So far, my 30 days of joy so far hasn't really had all that much to do with joy after all, but I think that having it constantly in the back of my mind has been helping me to feel less dread about the upcoming season. And that was mostly the purpose of this.
For not having much on my calendar for this week, it sure has turned out to be busy! Mostly fun stuff, but busy. I got to start working with another friend on her house today, I have been making flower clips like crazy, and I get to make a couple of my book pears. YAY! I love doing all of these things. The not fun stuff is things like a choir concert at the same time as young women in excellence (for church), which is the same time as scouts - after a younger son goes to cub scouts.
Looks like a cold cereal dinner again, kids! (not that they mind, they prefer that to almost anything I cook for them...)
Thursday afternoon/evenings are just as busy. Friday looks fairly calm for now, but I'm sure it will fill right up. Especially with the stupid late start (jr. high)/ early out (elementary) schedules. How I hate Fridays...
I have been thinking about ways to simplify my holidays. I haven't had any profound ideas yet, but I am looking forward to keeping it low-key and meaningful. Before I know it Thanksgiving will be here, and the craziness will be upon us, so I am going to try to sit down this weekend and prayerfully consider ways to scale back.
Sorry, I have to rush off, but obviously, I will be posting again tomorrow. Hopefully there will be something of meaning or interest to share with you. :)
Thanks for reading!
For not having much on my calendar for this week, it sure has turned out to be busy! Mostly fun stuff, but busy. I got to start working with another friend on her house today, I have been making flower clips like crazy, and I get to make a couple of my book pears. YAY! I love doing all of these things. The not fun stuff is things like a choir concert at the same time as young women in excellence (for church), which is the same time as scouts - after a younger son goes to cub scouts.
Looks like a cold cereal dinner again, kids! (not that they mind, they prefer that to almost anything I cook for them...)
Thursday afternoon/evenings are just as busy. Friday looks fairly calm for now, but I'm sure it will fill right up. Especially with the stupid late start (jr. high)/ early out (elementary) schedules. How I hate Fridays...
I have been thinking about ways to simplify my holidays. I haven't had any profound ideas yet, but I am looking forward to keeping it low-key and meaningful. Before I know it Thanksgiving will be here, and the craziness will be upon us, so I am going to try to sit down this weekend and prayerfully consider ways to scale back.
Sorry, I have to rush off, but obviously, I will be posting again tomorrow. Hopefully there will be something of meaning or interest to share with you. :)
Thanks for reading!
Comments