Hi there.
Lots to keep me busy today.
I'm grateful for the great response to my flower clips. It will be good to have a little extra to take care of some of the little things - like stocking stuffers, etc.
I ran to Joann's to get some fabric this morning - got home and realized my phone fell out of my purse into my cart at the store. Waited for Sophie to get home, and then ran back to pick the phone up.
I've been busily cutting out fabric circles.
I had to do laundry. It was to that point - you know?
I had to take my almost-15-year-old son shopping for shoes. Who knew that it was impossible to find acceptable shoes for under $50??? Well, consider yourself informed. Seriously, stomach ache. Head ache. And after more than an hour of looking... nothing. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He NEEDS shoes in a bad way though, so I'm sure I'll just have to give in.
Then it was back to burning fabric and assembling flowers. They are looking so pretty!
The husband is more than a little stressed, so it's pretty tense around here - it's difficult to watch someone you love struggle under their burdens - all while being powerless to help. It always is darkest before the dawn, right? And, his stress is reinforcing my commitment to simplifying our holidays this year. So, you know, there will be some good to come from this.
FM 100 is playing Christmas music all. the. time. I can listen to it in the morning, but after that... I'm not really quite ready to go there yet.
Well, anyway, sorry for the rambling post - and there wasn't really much focus on joy - I will say, however, that good friends and a loving family brought me immense amounts of joy today.
Lots to keep me busy today.
I'm grateful for the great response to my flower clips. It will be good to have a little extra to take care of some of the little things - like stocking stuffers, etc.
I ran to Joann's to get some fabric this morning - got home and realized my phone fell out of my purse into my cart at the store. Waited for Sophie to get home, and then ran back to pick the phone up.
I've been busily cutting out fabric circles.
I had to do laundry. It was to that point - you know?
I had to take my almost-15-year-old son shopping for shoes. Who knew that it was impossible to find acceptable shoes for under $50??? Well, consider yourself informed. Seriously, stomach ache. Head ache. And after more than an hour of looking... nothing. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He NEEDS shoes in a bad way though, so I'm sure I'll just have to give in.
Then it was back to burning fabric and assembling flowers. They are looking so pretty!
The husband is more than a little stressed, so it's pretty tense around here - it's difficult to watch someone you love struggle under their burdens - all while being powerless to help. It always is darkest before the dawn, right? And, his stress is reinforcing my commitment to simplifying our holidays this year. So, you know, there will be some good to come from this.
FM 100 is playing Christmas music all. the. time. I can listen to it in the morning, but after that... I'm not really quite ready to go there yet.
Well, anyway, sorry for the rambling post - and there wasn't really much focus on joy - I will say, however, that good friends and a loving family brought me immense amounts of joy today.
Comments