I'm having one of those days where I have so much I could be doing, and so much I SHOULD be doing, that I am completely paralyzed and spending too much time on the computer.
Ever have one of those days?
We spent UEA weekend at our cabin with some friends. It was a ton of fun - even though we had no running water since it had been turned off for the season. Outhouse. 'nuff said.
The cabin has undergone a major addition over the past couple of summers, so I haven't been up there since the changes have been made. Awesome. I can't believe how big of difference it made to the comfort level up there! I love how it looks, and having new carpet after 30+ years?? amazing.
The kids had a blast. They did not want to come home. We had tons of food, rode the four-wheelers, went on walks, invented a new game... It was lovely. And best of all, the kids got along better than they have in a really long time. It was fantastic having them laugh and play together without it melting down into tears and fighting.
Everyone (except me - someone had to take pictures!) played twister early on Saturday morning.
It took a while, but John finally convinced Sophie to join in. And then he was stuck there for hours while she jumped and jumped and jumped.......
Bryson was all muddy from driving the 4wheelers through the mud puddles. Gosh, he's getting so big! He's officially taller than me now. by about 1/2 an inch. sigh. 2 months until he can get his driving permit. I'll put out an official warning when (and IF) that happens.
It really was a fun weekend, and I am so glad that I went! (even though I really didn't want to - you know, the whole outhouse thing...) We will definitely be using the cabin more often. I'm so grateful that my grandparents have been so generous to have given us such a great place to create memories. And I'm also grateful to my dad and all of those who worked so many hours to build it originally, and to put on the beautiful addition.
| like raking leaves... |
Ever have one of those days?
We spent UEA weekend at our cabin with some friends. It was a ton of fun - even though we had no running water since it had been turned off for the season. Outhouse. 'nuff said.
The cabin has undergone a major addition over the past couple of summers, so I haven't been up there since the changes have been made. Awesome. I can't believe how big of difference it made to the comfort level up there! I love how it looks, and having new carpet after 30+ years?? amazing.
The kids had a blast. They did not want to come home. We had tons of food, rode the four-wheelers, went on walks, invented a new game... It was lovely. And best of all, the kids got along better than they have in a really long time. It was fantastic having them laugh and play together without it melting down into tears and fighting.
Everyone (except me - someone had to take pictures!) played twister early on Saturday morning.
John showed off his mad swinging skillzz.
And his tree climbing skillzz...
And obviously, his daughter inherited those skillzz.
Jumping off of the "big rock" is always a favorite.
It took a while, but John finally convinced Sophie to join in. And then he was stuck there for hours while she jumped and jumped and jumped.......
Bryson was all muddy from driving the 4wheelers through the mud puddles. Gosh, he's getting so big! He's officially taller than me now. by about 1/2 an inch. sigh. 2 months until he can get his driving permit. I'll put out an official warning when (and IF) that happens.
It really was a fun weekend, and I am so glad that I went! (even though I really didn't want to - you know, the whole outhouse thing...) We will definitely be using the cabin more often. I'm so grateful that my grandparents have been so generous to have given us such a great place to create memories. And I'm also grateful to my dad and all of those who worked so many hours to build it originally, and to put on the beautiful addition.
Comments
xoxo,
Amy