Some Before and Afters

This nightstand was my great-grandmother's.  It was looking pretty shabby.   

A light sanding...a bit of spray paint (the inside is yellow!)...  And...



Not bad, right?

These owls were a d.i. find.  They had these weird plastic eyes that I hated.  They were only a dollar each, so I figured that even if spray paint didn't fix them, it would only be a $2 fail.

I hit the small one with a coat of spray paint and the plastic eyes just looked weird.  So I pried them off, and it left these spooky black holes...


I'm still on the fence whether they are a fail or not.  At the very least, they will work as Halloween decorations...

This bamboo ladder was a $2 yard sale find.  I hit it with a coat of black spray paint, and put it in the corner with blankets thrown on it.  Not too bad!


Not sure if that will be it's forever home, but I like how the blankets look on it.

So, there's a quick run-down on my latest projects.  I told you I love me a can of spray paint! 

Comments

Yeah- I'm not sure I love the spooky black-eyed owls. ;) The ladder turned out awesome- and the cabinet too.
xoxo,
Amy
Liz said…
I think the owls are funky. Love it. Ladder is great too. Man...you are good at this stuff!
Joshua Jensen said…
I guess you got brave and took off the eyes. They look good in the pics! I LOVE the ladder. What a great piece. You definitely have such a good eye for things!
Emily K. said…
Oh my gosh, you are so freaking talented. Those all turned out perfectly. I love the night table, AMAZING!!
pan x 8 said…
Um... all of it is ~ BEAUTIFUL!! I love the night table too! Who knew it could look so chic! So good at what you do!
Jenn Hilbig said…
Adore the ladder and nightstand! Thank you so much for sharing, I just loooove to see what you are up to!! Very inspiring.