A Little of This and That

Fall is around the corner.  I, for one, can't wait for the cooler temps.  I am dying to get back to my safety net of cardigans and scarves.  However, in no way am I ready for cold temps.  If I could live somewhere that stayed between 70-80 degrees year round, I'd so love it...  Seasons are overrated, don't you think?

So, I joined Pinterest.  I am officially loving it.  If you've never heard of it, it is a site where you create an account (free), and then you can install a button on your bookmark bar and any time you are on a website, and want to save an image or idea, you can "pin it", and it will save it to your account - with the location attached!  So you can always go back to the original source.  It's awesome.    You can have boards  where you categorize your pins.  Genius.  It could easily become a huge time sucker though.  So I'll have to be careful about that.

Today we got new phone books delivered to our door.  Sophie brought it in and wanted to open it because she thought it would be a magazine or something.  I told her to leave it in the bag and she asked what it was.  I told her a phone book.  She looked at me and said, "What's a phone book?"  I had to laugh.  It reminded me of when Bryson had a stick thrown in his eye, and at the ophthalmologist's office they were checking his vision using pictures.  They showed a picture of an old-style rotary phone and he couldn't tell them what it was.  He'd never seen a phone like that.  It's amazing to me the changes in technology that have occurred in my lifetime.  I took type in jr. high, and a basic word processing class in college.  My 6year old is more confident playing on smart phones and iPads than I am.  I'm always worried about messing it up...

My mom and sister are back in Vermont.  They are on a bike/leaf peeping trip.  My mom has always wanted to bike back in New England to see the fall color there.  Her dream is to ride on at least one covered bridge.  I'm excited that she finally gets to cross this off her bucket list.  And I'm glad that my little sis was able to make it happen for her.

Next week I plan to get out my fall decorations.  I will probably hold off on the Halloween ones a little.  I'm debating if I even really want to do much of any spooky stuff.  We'll see.  I hesitate to do it, because it just means that right after that comes down the holiday stuff starts to go up.  I am not ready to face that...

After 9 years, I have decided to start over with my flower bed.  The other day I tore out everything but my rose bush.  I'm so excited to start from scratch.  I'm going to work on our curb appeal.  It involves repainting some wood, cleaning siding, and a new color on the front door and shutters.

I won a copy of a book on a blog giveaway!  It's called The Entitlement Trap.  I'm looking forward to reading it and getting some ideas to help teach my kids to work for things and to appreciate what they do get.

Well, I think that's about it for now.  I believe that was more than enough rambling for one evening.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Natalie said…
I have been itching to get my hands on a copy of The Entitlement Trap - can I borrow it when you are done? I have it on hold at the library, but I am way down a long list. This must be a timely topic. I also agree that seasons are overrated. Extreme heat and cold, bleh.
pan x 8 said…
Yeah... season are overrated and I would love 70-80 degree weather all year round~! It would totally take away a lot of my dang clutter! LOL @ Sophie and the phone book and Bryson and the rotary phone... My kids probably wouldn't know what what a landline phone looks like either, since it's been about 8 years since we had one!

I bet you feel so great starting your garden over ~ it was so beautiful but you know how to make things even more!!!