I'm Having Blogger's Block

It's like writer's block, but on a blog.

I can not think of one single thing to post about, and when I do try to write, it feels totally negative and depressing.  And it's left me wondering why I have a blog in the first place.

I think I started blogging as a place to share a glimpse into my life.  A place to share my feelings and thoughts - I had this idea of "keeping it real".  I wanted to be a voice of reality amidst the sea of staged and photoshopped lives.  You know, those blogs that leave you feeling inadequate and dissatisfied.  I wanted to write a blog that let people see into my not-so-perfect life and feel better because they weren't alone.  Plus, I really like writing

Lately, though, as I post more and more of my projects, I worry that my blog has taken on a "look-how-great-I-am" feel.  I'm sorry if it has.  I'm embarrassed if it has.  

It's just that my "project posts" are the only thing I can think of to post that don't feel like such a downer...

I just don't want to come off as a narcissist.

So I'll work on trying to find the balance until I can get back into a more emotionally stable place.

Comments

Rebekah said…
You are so silly! YOu post all your fantastic ideas please! Love you Karen!
Monika said…
It never occured to me to even think you were posting too many projects! We love seeing your creativity. At least you post! I might as well close up shop! :). Keep the posts coming!
I totally get how you feel, but don't worry about feeling like the blog is too much about you. We love YOU and that's why we come here.
xoxo,
Amy
pan x 8 said…
That block is all on you my friend! Everything you have to say is meaningful when you say it isn't and great when you say it's a downer! That's how we help each other! WE share and we pick each other up! I miss you!
Joshua Jensen said…
I agree with everyone else's comments. I love the project posts because you have such great ideas. I love the other posts because I often have similar feelings, but you know I'm not good at expressing them like you are. And you always have fun pics of your family!
Natalie said…
Of all the blogs out there, your's is one of the least narcissistic because you don't try to sugar coat things and make your life seem perfect. THAT is narcissistic. Which is why I have given up reading 99% of blogs, but still love yours. Also, knowing that you are amazing and still struggle with always loving yourself makes me remember that everyone struggles. You can't automatically assume that because someone is awesome that they don't have any problems or struggles, you know? So yeah, don't change your blog!