Happy Now

I literally just read this post at Simple Mom and something about it just hit home for me.  Especially this part:

"So we were told to release the bungee cords, and to do so by living fully and completely, wherever we are. Not ignoring the past, but not wishing we were there, either. And also not pretending like the here and now is a waiting room for the next gig; that God has us where we are to be fully there, all of us in every way.

To live fully present is to give thanks for the past (no matter how dark), say goodbye to what once was, and to move forward, without wishing we were miles down the road. To enjoy the view where we are, and to live fully there."
Lately, we have been having some major roller-coaster moments with the Draw Collar business.  We will get news of something big that is just about to happen - so we're all excited and breathless with anticipation that "this is it!!"  and then suddenly the bottom drops out, and we have set-back after set-back.  While we are never losing hope, we do find ourselves feeling discouraged and disappointed.  
For me, this has translated into a weariness.  I find myself just wanting this part to be over already! and let's get to the good stuff!    In other words, I am not fully living each moment and stage, because I am too busy looking ahead to that elusive "good" part of life.
The reality is, this IS the good part.  
I am ridiculously blessed.  I have an amazing family (both immediate and extended), I have a home, my husband has a job, we can feed our family, our cars work, I have the gospel in my life, and I have had witness after witness that the Lord is completely aware of me and that He is directing our (mine and john's) life.
And even though there are hard things, and from moment to moment there may be frustrations, the fact of the matter is, I KNOW that the experiences that I am having are for my own best good. And even if some things are created by my own folly, I am still where I should be, because the Lord can use those mistakes and teach me from them.
As we are staring down the barrel at another set of frustrations with the business, I was grateful for the reminder that I need to stop looking beyond this moment for my happiness.  I can choose to be happy right now.

Comments

Perfect. Beautifully said. I love you.
xoxo,
Amy