Fresh Start


This gorgeous girl started 7th grade today.  At our middle school, 7th graders have a half-day orientation before the official first day of school so they have a chance to try out moving from class to class, etc.  She was very excited and only a little nervous.  I'm so proud of her.  She has been working so hard to overcome her struggles with anxiety.  And she's doing really well.

It's hard to believe that I now have 2 kids in middle school, and that my oldest will be taking Seminary this year!  I am constantly wondering how in the world I got so OLD!

I love back to school time.  It's like New Years to me.  A fresh start.  A chance to reinvent myself as a person and as a mother.  This year, I will be having each kid make some goals and we will work on being a support to each other so that we can achieve those goals.  I'll be setting some goals myself.   I had forgotten about the whole birthday goal thing (set as many goals as you are years old to achieve through that year...) - but since my birthday will be coming up in a couple of months, I am going to be jumping the gun and figuring out my list.  It's going to be massive - because like I said, I'm turning OLD this year. :)  No honestly.  I think I'm turning 37. (my heart stopped just a little writing that down...)  It's funny that I can't really remember how old I am without thinking about it really hard.  After about age 34, I started having selective memory loss - or denial - or repression - about certain things.   Mainly my age.  haha

If nothing else, having to set and accomplish that many goals will definitely provide things to post about.

So here's to a fresh start, to setting goals, and to having an amazing year!

Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
Yay for Megan! I would be really impressed if you do the 30-something goals. I don't know if I could do it, but I think it's a great idea for everyone to have goals and support each other in accomplishing them!
pan x 8 said…
Megan is so beautiful and she totally reminds me of you in these cute pics! Remember, the kids are getting old and not US! I haven't been able to keep track of my age since I turned 30! After 8 years, you'd think I get the hang of it... I'm sure at 40, I'm going to feel like the new 25! =)
Muriel said…
I'm here to confirm that you are, indeed, turning 37 this year. I know this from experience. Misery loves company, right? ;)