Last week was nuts. On Sunday afternoon/evening, we headed up to the campground where the family reunion was getting started. John had to work on Monday, so we came home after dinner on Sunday night.
Monday was spent getting Megan ready for camp.
Tuesday, John had to work, but was going to meet me up at the reunion when he was done. So after dropping Megan off for camp, and getting John off to work, I ran to the grocery store and got everyone else packed up to go. We ended up getting to camp around 3:30.
The girls spent hours hunting bugs. They kept detailed scientific notes on each grasshopper (which they named and adopted).
We met new cousins...
Played lots of catch....
Went tubing in the creek next to the cabins....
| I think this is one of my all time favorite pictures. Bryson and Max - tubing the creek |
| yes, even I went down once. I have the bruises on my butt to prove it. |
Played lots and lots of Arizona Rummy....
This cage was supposed to be for the dog, but we ended up caging a bunch of monkeys instead...
| Grandpa John was the monkey ring-leader |
It was a long, tiring week, but it was really fun to reconnect with some of John's family. And the kids had a blast with cousins. I hardly ever saw them while we were up there.
It was good to come home and sleep in my own bed. We are right back into life though. Appointments, back to school shopping, church duties, draw collar orders... it never ends.
I can't believe that we're already 2 weeks away from school. It's time for me to start getting the kids into some sort of routine so they don't go into total shock when school starts. That's a melt-down no one wants to see... especially me.
I'm looking forward to posting a few projects this week - I hope that I can get organized enough to make time to do it! :)
Comments
I thought I was going to start this week on the routine, but my Mom has the girls and Chach for the next 3 days! I guess I'll start Wed night?? lol & super ugh!