This is a project that I just finished to go in my friend's music studio. I have done this wreath before out of book pages, but I love how this one turned out using a 1976 hymn book that I found at the d.i.
I did this one much looser that the others I have done, and I really love the ruffle-y look it has.
This "project" couldn't be simpler - I just went out and cut back one of my lavender plants and sorted them into tall and short stalks. I then bunched them together, and tied them with some tulle ribbon. I let them hang upside down to dry overnight (probably could have done a couple of nights...) and then brought them in and set them up how I wanted. I love my artichoke crates. I like the rustic feel that they have.
Next project: pears. Yes, I have something of an obsession with pears. Ever since I made my first book pear, I have been collecting them. Anyway, I found these ugly paper covered pears for about .50 cents each on clearance at Michael's forever ago and grabbed up a few thinking that I could always just use them as Christmas tree ornaments if I didn't do anything to them... But then I saw a post (can't find where, sorry) where they had wrapped styrofoam with twine and thought that would be fun to do with one of these pears.
It's cute, but I'm not 100% in love with it.
The next project, though, I do love. I bought these cute earrings on sale a while ago, and tried to wear them a few times but they were so heavy, they would pull down my earlobes and hang funny. So they sat in my jewelry box waiting for a new life. I bought some ring blanks at the craft store, and used my E-6000 glue and boo-yah! A ring was born.
So there you have it. A few of the little projects I have been messing around with lately. I'm going to be getting back to work on my friend's house, so as soon as that's done I will have a whole post on that... I can't wait, it is coming together so fun!!
Comments