Well, the kids children are back to school
Middle school kids, no problem. Off they went without nerves or worries.
The moment they left, Max started asking if it was time for him to go. Can we go now? How 'bout now?
Finally time for him to go to school. Our plan was for me to walk him to his portable, and drop him off.
The moment I started walking away, he had an attack of nerves. We had a few tears, a declaration that he didn't want to go to school after all, then luckily the bell rang and it was time to go in. He took a deep breath, sent one beseeching look in my direction, and headed into his class.
Nothing like a little heartache to start the morning.
I know that when he gets out of school, he'll report that he had a great day. I just hope and pray that this is not a daily occurrence with him...
Comments
xoxo