We Made It - and a Yard Sale Preview

Whew.  Huge sigh of relief.  He made it home last night, we all survived, and now we can start moving forward.

I think it's funny that even though he's right off to work today (and tomorrow), I feel so much weight lifted just knowing he'll be home as soon as he's done.  Plus, I know I can call or text him and he will actually answer.  (he had no reception in the warehouse where they were filming all week - normally I can get in touch with him when he's out of town)

I'm feeling a creative/change-it-up itch today.  I'm painting a little side table and will post pics later.  I've decided though, that painting furniture is not my favorite thing.  A quick chair is fine, but anything that takes more time and/or skill, I'd rather pass on - or have someone else do :)

I also did a little project yesterday that I'll post about later too (I haven't downloaded the pics yet).  But it was super simple and fast.  I'm all about the instant gratification.

On a side note, I'm planning to have a yard sale within the next couple of weeks.  I'm selling some solid wood (not super cute now) side tables + coffee table, the green tables that I painted forever ago, a little IKEA entertainment stand, a huge rug, oh, and if I can get enough for it ($60), I'm also selling the black daybed we recently bought for Megan's room.  It's just too big, and not working in the space.

black metal daybed

green tables - bottom shelf of coffee table is missing now :)


If you're interested in taking a look at anything before my actual sale, let me know!

Comments

pan x 8 said…
So, what would use for Megan's bed if the daybed is too big? Glad John made it home and you can exhale through all the flooding mess!