So, first of all, forgive the grainy quality of these pictures. John used the camera on his phone, and it was dark-ish inside. But...
Yesterday was a pretty normal day. Got up, John left for work, got kids ready for swim lessons - Meg did not come (so draw what you will from that...) - came home, had lunch with a friend, took a trip to the library, made dinner... the usual.
John needed me to go out to his parent's house and get a pallet of Draw Collars ready to ship - so I did that. He had said he couldn't do it because he had some bishopric stuff he had to do unexpectedly. oookay... I will admit that I was a little frustrated that he was gone AGAIN. And frustrated that I was the one that had to go prepare the pallet.
So a couple of hours later, I was finally finished and on my way home.
There was a strange car parked in front of the house, but I didn't think anything of it since the neighbors often park wherever they feel like, so I headed into the house.
As soon as I got to the top step, John said, "Now!" and Megan started playing the piano - my piano!
Shocked doesn't begin to describe it. It was one of those surprises that makes you smile and laugh, and suddenly you are making that ugly crying face because of all of the feelings you had been having collide into a
perfect storm of emotion.So where did it come from? It came from a couple of wonderful friends as a combined thank you. - and like I told our piano teacher - it was a totally disproportionate thank you. I in no way deserve such a grand surprise like this. But I will be forever grateful, and will always treasure this gift in my heart.


Comments
So, I must confess that I've been blog-stalking you for a while. You had your blog address in an email signature and I checked it out.
Hey, I'd be happy to teach Megan (and any of the other kiddos) how to swim, and I won't charge you much. I know she trusts me and if you're open to it... just let me know! Swimming was the first thing I ever taught, and did it for about 6 years when I was a teen.
My phone number is 801-808-6447