So, yay, lessons went much better today. Megan was still anxious, but she pushed through it and did great. Sophie is a bargainer. Once she knows that she only has to do something a certain number of times, she's pretty good. By the end of her lesson, she was actually having fun. I think.
Anyways, my wise mother emailed me an amazing letter and really helped me to think through some of the emotions that I was having yesterday.
The part of her message that sticks out to me the most is: "If you feel that there are things that need to change, then get to it!"
It's not a harsh message like it may sound when taken out of context, but I'll tell you why it sticks out for me.
I feel like in many ways, I am just letting my life happen to me, simply because of the effort it takes to change them. I get sucked into the mentality that I am powerless to change my life, and all I can do is do my best to survive it. It's easy for me to let day after day pass without changing my habits and behaviors, and then turn around and feel like a victim. But the reminder that I am in control, that I have the power to change my life, and that I am capable of achieving anything is such a reassuring one.
The more I sit back and let life happen, the more dissatisfied I am becoming with that life. Only when I make the effort and live my life on purpose will I be able to be content and at peace.
The message is one that I needed to hear/read - and I am so grateful for a mother who loves me enough to encourage me, to remind me of my worth, and to challenge me to reach for my potential.
Love you, Mom. Thanks for the boost!
Anyways, my wise mother emailed me an amazing letter and really helped me to think through some of the emotions that I was having yesterday.
The part of her message that sticks out to me the most is: "If you feel that there are things that need to change, then get to it!"
It's not a harsh message like it may sound when taken out of context, but I'll tell you why it sticks out for me.
I feel like in many ways, I am just letting my life happen to me, simply because of the effort it takes to change them. I get sucked into the mentality that I am powerless to change my life, and all I can do is do my best to survive it. It's easy for me to let day after day pass without changing my habits and behaviors, and then turn around and feel like a victim. But the reminder that I am in control, that I have the power to change my life, and that I am capable of achieving anything is such a reassuring one.
The more I sit back and let life happen, the more dissatisfied I am becoming with that life. Only when I make the effort and live my life on purpose will I be able to be content and at peace.
The message is one that I needed to hear/read - and I am so grateful for a mother who loves me enough to encourage me, to remind me of my worth, and to challenge me to reach for my potential.
Love you, Mom. Thanks for the boost!
Comments
I love your insight and you are so good at saying what you're feeling/thinking and putting it into words.
I'm glad they're liking it more, and pretty soon it will be easy and they'll have forgotten they didn't like it in the first place.