Yesterday I was working in my flower bed, and was startled by this little guy jumping out at me.  I'm sure I looked like quite a fool as I high-stepped it out of the dirt while screaming about a frog.   I recovered, but it took me at least 5 tries to get a picture without my hands shaking so bad that they were all blurry.

Well, this morning, while getting the back yard ready for Megan's birthday party, I pulled a clump of weeds, and what came out with the roots???  Another frog.  That's right.  It was awesome.  I don't think I'll be doing any more yard work for a while.

Aaaanyways, so, the big project or whatever that I was trying to post the other day when the computer was being stupid was this:

See if you can spot it...





That's right, I painted the mantel.  It lightens that wall a lot.  The rock looks less heavy, and I'm really quite liking it.  I'm still not 100% sold on the accessories on the mantle, but I think I'm heading in the right direction. John brought me home a garland of starfish from his last trip to Maine.  Between my mantle and the garland (which I hung above my window), I am really REALLY wishing I had a beach cottage.




Ahhh, beachy dreams...

Comments

I'm laughing so hard about the frogs. I know how much you love crawly things in the garden. ;) I love the mantel white. It looks great!
xoxo,
Amy
Joshua Jensen said…
I wonder why the frogs have moved into your yard this year. Or maybe they're just still here, when usually it's too dry and hot at this point in the year. Great idea to paint the mantel. I don't know if I'd ever thought of that! I like it!
pan x 8 said…
Lovely garden friend. And I love the mantle white.. you have great accessories!