Yesterday found me busy at work clearing out the upstairs office a little bit. And by a little bit, I mean a lot. It was a DISASTER!!! I'm trying to be brutal and get rid of stuff I don't need, but it's hard to know where to draw that line. I have been known to toss things only to realize that I could have used it later. It's a matter of current space to store vs. future possible usefulness. And it doesn't help that John never has time to go through paperwork to toss or file - so his stuff gets put into boxes and bags that we don't dare just toss/shred.
Why all this busy-ness?
I'm trying to prepare to make those major changes I mentioned a few posts ago.
The plan? To create a master suite downstairs by turning the tiny closet-sized bedroom into an actual walk-in closet, while creating a private en suite master bathroom from there. The kids will be moved upstairs into the current office and master. Both of which are bigger than the rooms downstairs.
Our office will then move to the random space next to our laundry room, which has very little area to store things, so my next task is to carve out some space in the garage to store some miscellaneous items that we don't need every day, but need to keep accessible. (hows that for a run on sentence??)
Then, I need to paint the upstairs bedrooms and move furniture around. I'm hoping to get this all done in the next week or two. Wish me luck.
I'm gonna need it.
Why all this busy-ness?
I'm trying to prepare to make those major changes I mentioned a few posts ago.
The plan? To create a master suite downstairs by turning the tiny closet-sized bedroom into an actual walk-in closet, while creating a private en suite master bathroom from there. The kids will be moved upstairs into the current office and master. Both of which are bigger than the rooms downstairs.
Our office will then move to the random space next to our laundry room, which has very little area to store things, so my next task is to carve out some space in the garage to store some miscellaneous items that we don't need every day, but need to keep accessible. (hows that for a run on sentence??)
Then, I need to paint the upstairs bedrooms and move furniture around. I'm hoping to get this all done in the next week or two. Wish me luck.
I'm gonna need it.
Comments
xoxo,
Amy