Minor Changes


So this little beauty is a yard sale find.  I'm in love!  I need to decide what color to paint it - suggestions?


I'm currently going with a turquoise and red color scheme in my living room.  Honestly, I can't tell if the pictures are really THAT bad, or if my computer screen is seriously messed up.  Anyways, that bowl was a TJMaxx find.  I love it.  It's nice and deep to catch my change and keys and camera.  The blue vase was from the same place.


Love my blue bird/flower pillow!  It was also a TJMaxx find.


Here's mantel - take, what, 9?  Is it mantel or mantle?  I'm not sure.  Anyways, the blue vase is a bigger version of the one on my cake stand.  The little random bird dome thing was from Taipan for like $2.  It's so cute!  I stuck some of my red geraniums into the vase and popped a blue flower onto the wreath.  I like it a lot, but I'm not quite in love with this mantel...

And really, why am I so obsessed with this mantel?  No one cares.  No one sees it.  Oh well.  I guess it's okay that I just want to love it for myself.  

Did I already post about my sweet friend that let me come and help her decorate the home she just moved into?  I can't remember, but anyways, I had a blast - totally forgot to take "before" pics, but I finally got some "afters".  So I'll post those soon.

Another friend is now letting me help her too!  It's totally intimidating to do this even though it's for friends.  I guess I still sort of feel like "who do I think I am??"  You know?  There are so many people who are better at this than I am.  It's tons of fun for me though, so I'll keep doing it as long as I have friends willing to trust me and who are willing to live with my amateur designing.

By the way, there will be a fabulous yard sale at our church tomorrow morning.  I'm getting a little preview, and so far, there's some really fun items!  11400 south 600 east.  June 4.  7 a.m.

Comments

pan x 8 said…
I love your mantle ideas... You KNOW I'm going to copy... right?? The experience of helping others' decor may be intimidating for you but for us ~ it's a no-brainer!! You have impeccable taste and I love that you share with us!

Can't wait to see pics!