New month, new season (we hope)... what better time to set some new goals?
This month, I plan to create a firm budget - and stick to it. This is something that has never been my strong suit. I've decided that I have some pretty serious impulse control issues. I am planning to adopt a cash/envelope system. I know this is a Dave Ramsey thing, but I've not read his book, so we'll just wing it. I'm pretty sure that by finally taking control of my financial life, I will feel a greater sense of peace and control. I'm ready to manage my money, and not be managed by my money.
I also plan to do a mock homeschool. I'm making my plans that will include a little school work time, and a little chore time. And lots of reading time. I just want to see if I can get my kids to respond to a schedule. At this point, though, I am kind of leaning towards regular school this fall. We shall see. It's still a matter of great stress to me.
Finally, I plan to work on getting to the heart of what it will take to create the life that I truly want for me and my family. A lot of prayer, a lot of meditation, a lot of seeking inspiration. I just know that I am not experiencing the fullness of joy that is possible. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy. It's more that I feel that there's more. More for me to be, to do, and to become. And rather than feeling overwhelmed by this moreness, I am feeling a great deal of peace and excitement to see what my life is like when taken to the next level.
To keep on track, I'm going to try to post every day for the month of June. It may not be much, but I will post something...
So, ready.... set..... here I go!
This month, I plan to create a firm budget - and stick to it. This is something that has never been my strong suit. I've decided that I have some pretty serious impulse control issues. I am planning to adopt a cash/envelope system. I know this is a Dave Ramsey thing, but I've not read his book, so we'll just wing it. I'm pretty sure that by finally taking control of my financial life, I will feel a greater sense of peace and control. I'm ready to manage my money, and not be managed by my money.
I also plan to do a mock homeschool. I'm making my plans that will include a little school work time, and a little chore time. And lots of reading time. I just want to see if I can get my kids to respond to a schedule. At this point, though, I am kind of leaning towards regular school this fall. We shall see. It's still a matter of great stress to me.
Finally, I plan to work on getting to the heart of what it will take to create the life that I truly want for me and my family. A lot of prayer, a lot of meditation, a lot of seeking inspiration. I just know that I am not experiencing the fullness of joy that is possible. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy. It's more that I feel that there's more. More for me to be, to do, and to become. And rather than feeling overwhelmed by this moreness, I am feeling a great deal of peace and excitement to see what my life is like when taken to the next level.
To keep on track, I'm going to try to post every day for the month of June. It may not be much, but I will post something...
So, ready.... set..... here I go!
Comments
Love the mock homeschool idea.. during a summer week, right?
And the "moreness" as you so eloquently shared is longed by so many of us and I think you just put words to what we are feeling.
Love the posting everyday! You can bet I'll be there for you!
I love you my friend!