Here are the "after" pictures - the ones that have no "before"... some day I'll remember to get the camera out before I get started!
The first two pictures are what you see as you enter the house. In the first one, I am looking back towards the entry, in the second, looking in from the front door.
This is the shot of the piano that lives in what was technically the formal dining room.
The next picture is this double sided fireplace that separates the kitchen from the eating nook. We added the wing back chairs in the kitchen side to fill an awkward space. The pictures I took of the chairs specifically did not turn out, so you can see one in the background of this picture.
This cute bench and family picture and sign are just as you enter into the dining room.
I think we need to shift the bench over just a couple of inches. (I'm sure she already has, but I just was noticing in the picture that it's off center a tiny bit... )
Funny story about the boys room. The amazing painting on the wall between the bed was originally framed in a heavy ornate frame. It didn't really work. We popped it out of the frame and hung it by the canvas - and suddenly it totally worked! I absolutely love how it picked up the colors from the bedding.
I didn't really have much to do with the girls' room. But it sure turned out cute!
This cute corner is in the play room space.
These great windows hang on the opposite side of the playroom
I love these huge jars of dried flowers. They represent all of the years of flowers that Jenn has received from her sweet husband. What better place than the master bedroom to have such a great reminder of thoughtfulness.
I'm starting to realize that if I'm going to do more of this, I'm going to need a better camera, and a photography class. I didn't get pictures of how we rearranged the living room furniture, or the new seating in the family room. But these shots show pretty well some of what we did.
All of the items that we put up and arranged were things that Jenn already had. Sure, it's fun to go out and buy all sorts of new decor, but by changing up what you already have, you can create whole new looks without spending anything.
And let's face it, sometimes that's the budget. At least for me. {grin}
Comments
I wish I had some of that talent, even just a tad. You do remarkable work!