Yada Yada Yada


m'kay, here's the latest mantel attempt.  It's not translating as well in picture as I'd hoped, but ...  I kinda like it in person.  It's very subtle though.  It might need a little color?  I'm sure I'll play around with it some more.


Is everyone else sick of the road construction?  The other day I swear I was going to kill someone.  Every single way that I went to try to avoid construction - had construction.  And if there weren't actually orange cones, there was massive traffic back-ups because of the all of the other people who thought they'd be smart and avoid construction, like me!  I had never literally felt my blood pressure rise like that.

I've run out of steam with my "room a month" thing.  I really want to get my boy's room finished, but the dang budget keeps interfering!  It's way easier to do girl's room on the cheap, because I can always make flowers... :)  Boys - I'm at a bit of a loss right now.  So, I guess I'll settle for playing around with my own room.  Maybe.

Megan's dance recital is this week.  This dance is hands-down my favorite dance she's ever done.  I'm so excited!  I've loved watching her grow in confidence.  She has really pushed herself out of her comfort zone this year.

Yesterday was wonderful watching my kids play together without fighting!  Bryson has such a funny sense of humor.  He can make me laugh so hard I cry.  His basketball team beat the 1st place team on Saturday night - he was pretty excited.

I'm going to be meeting with Max's teachers to get their input about what I should do next year.  3rd grade is a rough one at our school - it's kind of the black hole as far as teachers go, so I'm a little concerned.  I'm hesitant to homeschool all of my kids for the rest of their schooling.  But I am seriously thinking about it for Max next year.  But when all is said and done, I am still working on coming to a firm conclusion.

I'm feeling a little stuck.  Yet another good friend is moving this summer, and I'm incredibly excited for her-  But I'm out-of-my-mind jealous too.  I know that there is a plan for my life and my family - at this point, I just wish it included a little more living space.

So wow.  That was quite a random bunch of thoughts.  I'm trying to get a little more organized so that I can create more thoughtful/coherent posts.  Bear with me.



Comments

Love the new mantel. You could add color by filling the jars with something colorful. I love you.
that is all.
xoxo,
Amy
Joshua Jensen said…
Let's see, so many thoughts....

Love the shapes on the mantel. All I can think of for color would be sticking something on the green diamond in the middle like flowers or something.

Road Construction, bleh! All I've heard all day is jack hammering. It's driving me crazy!! I can't figure if it's from the sewage construction or from 7th east or what.
Rebekah said…
LOve the mantle ang oh, can you make me a pear? I would love one!
Monika said…
All my walls are still bare. There is no hope for me. HELP!!
pan x 8 said…
Its beautiful..

3rd grade is scary and I'm glad we at least survived it..

And I love any day or time with my kids being with each other and not fighting!