Too Much Fun

So, I should totally be at church.  And I was.  I had left Megan at home with Sophie because Sophie has a nasty cough that was pretty constant this morning.  And while at church, Max could not/would not sit still.  He kept flopping on me, on the bench - and complaining that he was so tired.  Well, when Sacrament Meeting ended, we had a major melt down.  He simply could not face going to class today.  The poor kid was so tired that he could not cope.

Why so tired, you ask?
My sister makes (and sells) the banner.  I love how that and a few balloons  makes it look all festive!


Yesterday was this kid's birthday.  Ninth birthday to be precise.  Here's a quick run-down of our day.

Apparently, he and Sophie woke the other kids up around 6 (you'd think it was Christmas!), but they all stayed downstairs until John and I got up.  Actually, Sophie was sent up to wake us.  So, we got up around 7-7:30 or so.

Max came up and opened his presents.

This was his face when he rounded the corner and saw his presents.


Of course the bike had to be ridden immediately.


Megan had a volleyball game (which she ROCKED!) at 9, so we headed to that.

I could not get a good shot to save my life!  I'm really sad my new camera isn't better quality.


John had left the game to head to work.  Max had been given money and a gift card to Target, so we headed there after Meg's game.

Came home, waited for John.  (I got a little spray painting done since it was finally nice)  He got home around 12:30, and the plan was to swim at Dimple Dell.  So, we they all got ready for the pool and we headed over for a couple of hours.



They played hard at the pool - Max mastered the big slide - and we headed home and had a late and quick lunch.

sorry for the pic.  this camera does not like taking pictures in buildings!

Time to go to the park!

John always brings the kids home these random toys from an old fashioned toy store in Maine, and the ones from this particular trip require ALOT of room to play.  So we'd been waiting for a nice enough day to try them out.   No pictures of this though, I was too busy trying to learn how to use the Hang Glider Jack toy.  Ages 35 and up...

After a couple of hours at the park, we came home to get ready for Bryson's game at 6 (which they lost. dangit).

Once the game was over, we grabbed a pizza, and once that was consumed, the kids were out playing for a little bit longer.  They finally came in and were in bed around 9 (an hour late for the youngers...)

So no wonder they're tired, right?

It was a super fun day, though, and Max got to celebrate his birthday in style!  I love that kid so much.  He is my snuggler.  He has the sweetest spirit, and he loves to make me and his dad happy.  And he does.


Happy Birthday Max!  We love you so much!

Comments

Monika said…
Happy Birthday MAX! I saw him in the hall today, I was out there THE WHOLE TIME. I think this rain is making everyone restless.

Even though some of the pics are blurry you can totally see Megan and how awesome she looks playing volleyball. That girl is amazing at everything she does!
Happy Birthday Max. We love you so much!! So happy you had a great day!
xoxo,
Amy
Joshua Jensen said…
Yay for Max! What an awesome birthday!
pan x 8 said…
Happy Birthday Max! You look more and more like your Dad every year! Love all the fun you had all day!