It's All Good - and Happy Birthday Babe!!!

I just wanted to post quickly and say that I realize that my last post may have come out a little differently than I had intended.  I honestly started out meaning for it to be a little tongue-in-cheek post about how I feel like I'm faking it.  This was mostly based on a conversation I had with a sister who said that in her weight loss efforts, her mantra was "fake it till ya make it".  Meaning, live like you are at your goal weight.  Eat like it, engage in life like it... etc.

Needless to say, that post took a tone all it's own, and struck some people as funny, some as brave, and some as depressed.

I appreciated all of the feedback, and encouragement that I received from this post.  Truly I am happy in my life. Right now I'm just not necessarily happy in my self.   If that makes any sense.  I guess I am just feeling like there is a little something - a little piece - that I am missing, and I can't quite put my finger on how best to describe it other than just that.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by such loving and compassionate friends and family.  I am honored to have so many people who love and accept me even when I am a wreck or incoherent or catty or silly.  I appreciate so much the privilege that it is to have my life.

And while on the subject of friends and family and how blessed I am in them, I want to pay a quick tribute to my amazing, sexy, loving husband.  Today is his birthday... 39!!!



I haven't gushed about him as much lately as I used to - but if you have read my blog much, you know {and are probably sick of hearing about} how much I adore this guy.  He works so hard for us.  He honors his priesthood.  He still makes me laugh every day.  He doesn't complain when I slack off of my housekeeping (unless there aren't any clean whites...).  Basically he is a wonderful husband, father, man.

And I love him very very much.

Comments

pan x 8 said…
Happy Birthday John! Girl, you don't have to gush about him because just seeing the two of you together shows what an awesome couple you are together.

Hope you enjoyed a great day with your great man!