I have been horrible about blogging lately! Even after all my talk of being better... Life just seems to keep coming at us, doesn't it? Nothing very exciting has been going on. I seriously cannot believe we are at Friday of our week off of school already!!! I am not ready for it all to start back up again - school, homework, practices, dance, scouts... I've been really enjoying this week. Which is kind of weird, because if you know me, you know that I usually can't wait for the kids to get back in school and out of the house! I'm glad that we'll only have about 7 weeks or so until summer. (I know, right??? I don't even recognize myself right now!)
The photos above are a before and after of the corner of a room I helped my friend re-decorate before her baby blessing. We got the bookshelf from a generous neighbor who was moving, and used items that she already had to accessorize.
The next photos are of the master bedroom. We turned the quilt to the back side, and added a throw in the navy and royal blues that we decided to use. We also hung the Danish Mother's Day plates on the wall. I LOVE how the colors worked with the cool blue on the walls. My sister made the pillow covers, and the throw was from Target.
Anyways, I haven't been completely idle over this past little while, I've worked on a few projects here
and there:
The photos above are a before and after of the corner of a room I helped my friend re-decorate before her baby blessing. We got the bookshelf from a generous neighbor who was moving, and used items that she already had to accessorize.
Below is our version of a gallery wall. We centered her family pictures around the picture of the temple we had made in Relief Society. Gallery walls don't always end up being as symmetrical as this one, but she is drawn to symmetry and order, so this worked well.
The mantle was a challenge for me because we had the Christus statue to work with. I like the accessories that we chose to compliment it. The globe came from Target, the bird from Rod Works and the little black and pearl box thing from Hobby Lobby. The mirror was from TJ Maxx.
The photo below shows how we rearranged furniture, and hung some Chinese scrolls in the entry. I must apologize for my photos. I was a space cadet about before pictures, and this new camera is not as nice as I had hoped for getting quality pictures. The geometric pillow is from Target, and the polka dot one is from Ikea.
The next photos are of the master bedroom. We turned the quilt to the back side, and added a throw in the navy and royal blues that we decided to use. We also hung the Danish Mother's Day plates on the wall. I LOVE how the colors worked with the cool blue on the walls. My sister made the pillow covers, and the throw was from Target.
| before |
| after (the lamps have been replaced by ones purchased at Ikea) |
On the dresser, we got a basket (target) for books, a small bowl for change and watches, and a tray for lotions (both from tjmaxx). It made a huge difference in how it felt.
In the kitchen, we just added a few little touches to the white shelf she already had up. The enjoy sign was a weird red/brown with a design painted on it, I shot it with some white paint, and it worked great! The print in the middle is a darling one from Sprik Space. They have tons of amazing FREE downloadable art/sayings that I love to use in different places (just click the freebies tab on the home page). The white lantern was from Ikea.
| I loved the food references in this one - it HAD to live in the kitchen! |
We also did a little re-styling downstairs in the tv room. I hope to go back soon and grab more photos. Like I said, I spaced getting good before and afters. We were kind of under the gun to get it done within a few days.
It's by no means professional, but I was really excited about how it turned out! We only had to buy a few new items, and the rest of the decor she already had! It was so much fun to have my first "job". I learned a lot.
So you see, I haven't really been a slacker. I just haven't been taking the time to post stuff. I need to get a notebook and jot down when an idea for a blog post strikes. Because every time I go to sit down to blog, I draw a blank...
What kinds of things do you like to read about on my blog? How many people are reading? I'm curious...
Comments
Just be you on your blog, whether you post all the time or not very often, we'll enjoy all you choose to give.
xoxo,
Amy
I love your blog. I love you. And I think anything you feel is important, funny, serious, or whatever emotion at the minute is interesting because ~ it's your life.
Live it up girl!
You know I love how open you are on your blog. I wish I could do that.