Really??

Once a week?  That's all I can manage to post lately?  What's up with that??

My excuse this week is that Max got his upper expanders in last Friday.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  I didn't think either one of us was going to survive the weekend.  Let's just say that Max isn't the easiest kid when it comes to change anyways, so when you cement a foreign object to the roof of his mouth, all he#% breaks loose.  He couldn't tahk, sssswallow, or eeeeeeeat.  (yes, those are my lame attempts to translate sound into writing.  the "tahk" you probably get.  The "sssswallow" is supposed to translate into the horrible slurping noise of the excessive saliva pooling at the bottom of his mouth.  And the "eeeeeat" is simulating the wonderful whining every time he tried to eat)   Does that sound unsympathetic??  hmmm.

Like I told my bro and sis-in-law, my sympathy well has dropped to an all time low with this whole process.  I'd love to say it was a piece of cake, but.  It wasn't

Thankfully, it has gotten much better.  The boy can eat now - although food does still get caught now and then.  He no longer has the crazy amount of saliva going on.  And he is figuring out how to talk more normally.

jumping on the trampoline on one of our rare nice days so far this spring...

I'm not entirely heartless.  I mean, I DO get that it must be VERY annoying and difficult to have this appliance up there.  But, man.  That was rough.  I'm glad we got through those first few days.  Thank heavens this thing is only going to be on for 6 months...

Ok.  Now that I sound like the most heartless mother out there, I must just say that I really do adore this kid. He deals with a lot in his little life, and we are both working on handling things a little lot better.

But that was a huge part of why I haven't blogged all week.
I have worked on a few things though, so in the next day or two I will be posting some photos of a chair make-over, and some decorating change-ups.  You believe me right?  I really will, really!

Comments

pan x 8 said…
You can say what you want to say of course, but I know you are an amazing mother to Max. And what Mom doesn't find it a little hard to support our children's trials? I don't think I've ever once smiled when my kids poo'd their pants during potty training or didn't groan when my kids threw up. It's what we do, who we are and dang, we are downright human too, right? Sorry.. kinda got carried away there, huh? lol

If we don't get a little perturbed, we would be kidding ourselves but when you come back with all the love for your kids, it says one thing. We love 'em.

I still laugh at how me and Charlie stare at each other until one of us breaks to get the kid who's calling, or crying, or screeching, etc. aawww well.