Color Please!

So I finally have some time to myself to blog a little, and even though my mind has been swirling with blog-worthy ideas the past couple of days, I am finding myself at a little bit of a loss for words. So, I guess I'll just share a little of what we've been up to.

Last Saturday, John passed out in the hallway at Max's basketball game.  It was awesome.  He didn't get hurt, I was next to him and slid him down the wall so he didn't slam into the floor.  It was the flu.  Thankfully, we had Bishop come give him a blessing, and John was back to work on Tuesday.  About a week sooner than the doctor had said... a little miracle for us...

Needless to say, with John sick, I knew Valentines Day was going to be l-a-m-e, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.  I made my favorite special treat - chocolate covered grapes, and dipped strawberries.  They were delish!



Tuesday, the Valentines decorations came down, and I've been wrestling with the winter blahs.  The house just looks so dark and wintery - I need some color - bad!

Today, we did a couple of projects to help with that situation:




These branches have been in the house since Christmas, and I loved them, but they were just needed some life.  In an ideal world, I would be able to go to my old home in Sugarhouse and cut some branches from the mock orange bush out back, and force the blossoms, but since that can't happen, Megan and I made our own blossoms - at least an interpretation of blossoms.
Honestly.  sorry about the low quality pictures!  It looks very cute in person...

If nothing else, it livens them up a little.

I'm really trying to make do with what I already have.  Since buying anything isn't really an option right now, I don't really have another choice.  So I'm trying to get creative.
























 I love how the flowers look on this wreath, but the wreath itself is looking a bit sad.  I think I'll have to hit it with a little spray paint to freshen the greenery up a bit.







So that's been my week - I'm going to try really hard to post a few more times this week, so keep checking in...

Comments

Liz said…
Love the branches so, so much. I wish I had your eye. I seriously want help in my house from you! Love the decor.
pan x 8 said…
I saw that creation somewhere in Better Homes and Garden. Your amazing talent has once again provided a feast for my eyes! So pretty!

And those treats look so yummy... of course, me and treats..