My Life Lately

I've decided that for the last little bit, all of my posts have been focused on me.  How I'm feeling, what I've done, what I think. Blah, blah, blah...  Nothing much at all about my family and what we've been up to lately.

Not that there's much to report...


Every Saturday for the past 2 months has involved basketball.  It's been so fun to see Bryson turn into such an awesome ball handler.  He's got a sweet little crossover move that has fooled more than 1 defender...  He practices at least 4 times per week, with a few informal practices thrown in here and there.  He's been playing 2-3 games each Saturday.  He's maturing so much, and he is trying really hard to do what his coaches tell him.  He is such a good boy.  I absolutely LOVE his laugh. My greatest achievement at this point in my life is if I can say or do something that he thinks is funny (instead of lame).  I think this is the goal of every parent of teenagers - to be not lame.


Max has been playing Jr Jazz as well.  His poor team gets beaten by a margin of 20+ points per game, but he doesn't seem to care too much.  He focuses on his shots that almost went in, or how many points he did manage to score.  They are getting better, and it's fun to see him make some friends on this team.  Max is  awesome.  He is currently very interested in the weather, and reports the forecast to us regularly.  He's pretty sure it's going to storm today, btw.


Megan has been busy at school.  Her country report went well, and today she's wrapping up a science fair project.  At business day last week, her "store" made over $3000 in 6th grade money.  She's quite the little salesperson.  I think she gets it from her dad.  Megan goes to New Beginnings this week since she starts Young Women's this year.  I'm trying not to hyperventilate about it.  For some reason, it seems like this is even weirder than when Bryson started Deacons.  She's wearing makeup, and is dying to shave her legs.  She's getting ready for her first school dance this Friday.  I think she thinks it's weird.  Thank goodness she's not as boy crazy as I was at her age.  With her looks, I could be in some serious trouble...


Sophie is loving preschool.  By all accounts, her class fights to sit next to her.  Miss Tammy had to have a seating chart for the first time ever to resolve the issue.  I had to laugh.  Sophie has definite opinions about what she wants to wear, and she loves her boots with heels on them (it's a wedge heel - and they were a hand-me-down).  I let her wear them even though it looks like she's going to break her ankles in them.  She can't have her picture taken without making some weird face.  But she has the most beautiful smile, and when she's happy, she is the funnest, funniest kid!


John is good.  He's been working hard, and is gone a lot, but he still manages to make time for dates with me and fun with the kids.  We think he broke his nose at church ball on Thursday when someone decided that he needed to defend a 40 foot shot.  His report of  the incident shows just how much his boys love ball - when he went down and was bleeding, the game stopped.  My boys, instead of being worried about their dad, rushed out onto the court to shoot the ball a few times during the injury time-out.  I love those kids.  He also played ball last Tuesday night, and the injury from that night was a toenail that will fall off any day now.  On the plus side, he can still dunk it.  So, that must mean he isn't too old to keep playing...  I just hope he doesn't hurt anything important during basketball.


So, there you go.  A quick update of each member of the family.  Just normal everyday stuff going on here.  Meetings, Games, Relief Society, FHE, Practices, Scouts, Dance, Draw Collar, Tears, Laughter...  A normal kind of life.  I so love it!

Comments

Liz said…
A broken nose in basketball is a tad more manly than the gunny sack shoulder injury.....
Rebekah said…
Love the update. You have such sweet kids!
pan x 8 said…
Okay, so Drew read this with me last night and was floored at how grown Bryson is. Which is really funny because he plays bb with him after scouts on Wed!

I don't miss those BB injuries. We haven't played a lot since we've moved over here. Wed nights are not a good night for us - Tues were way better!

Pretty impressed by Megan and her mad sales skills!