February is quickly winding to a close, and I have not tackled another room in the house yet. Since I have only 1 week, I think I will choose to hit the laundry room. Right now, the laundry room is a mess of tools, boxes, games, ironing, etc... Too much of that space is totally wasted. I think that I can do this room without spending a dime. So that fits perfectly into my "budget" right now. It's probably not going to involve a lot of decorating, but maybe I'll get a little brave since it's a small room that no one sees and do something cool on the wall. We'll see.
I waswasting time reading some blogs online today, and came across a blog post that was about becoming debt free. We don't have a ton of debt (other than our house), but it does seem like we don't have a ton of control of our finances. We should be much better off each month than we are. In an effort to really internalize my statement of "I can control how much I spend", I am making it a goal to make and stick to a budget. To eliminate unnecessary spending. And to put some money into savings.
It was actually a very inspiring post. It made me really excited about the possibility of changing my habits to create the life I really WANT, and not just a life that I put up with.
So, two things to work on: the laundry room, and the finances.
I was
It was actually a very inspiring post. It made me really excited about the possibility of changing my habits to create the life I really WANT, and not just a life that I put up with.
So, two things to work on: the laundry room, and the finances.
Comments