Finally... Some pics of the progress in the girls' room


These are the pillows that Amy made. Sorry, not a very good picture.  Have I ever mentioned that I really need a new camera?

Magnet board next to closet. I am a Child of God stitching by Amy.  I just repainted the frame to match the room.

Ok.  This dresser was the one we bought when we were expecting Bryson.  It was the changing table for all of our kids.  The door is missing, a knob is missing, and it doesn't "go" in the room.  But - you do what you can, right?

Sophie was dying to be in a shot.

LOVE this jewelry tree we found.  It was cream, and I just shot it with some spray paint.  The yellow frames were 2/$3 at Harmons.  Perfect!  The birdcage art is just made with scrapbook paper, a chipboard bird, and a frame.  She's using it as a dry erase board.

Easiest art project ever.  Take a frame.  Take scrapbook paper.  Insert into frame.  Done.


So, there are a lot of things that I'm still not in love with about this room. But for now, it works, and someday when our ship comes in, I can get curtains, and finish up some other little details. (like hang panels to cover the closet that has no doors)

Again, I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I should have done a little editing before uploading them here.  Oh well.  That's what happens when I'm lazy and in a hurry.

Comments

pan x 8 said…
It's beautiful. I love the use of the changinging table.. I wondered if I could ever make it pass as a dresser and you did great!

I love the colors and so many cool ideas. You are so cool!
Liz said…
You have such an amazing eye for color....I am redoing my laundry area this spring and I will seriously pull you over here for color help. You are very talented. I would KILL to be able to do this as naturally as you do it.
Cindy said…
LOVE IT!!!! Everything you touch is beautiful Karen! Some day when I can carve out an afternoon I really do want you to come show me what to do with my house:)