I just thought I'd report on how I've been doing on a few of the goals that I had set for myself in the last few posts.
First - I know you all thought I'd be a wild success at changing up the bedtimeritual chaos, and turn it into a magical soothing time for my kids. About all I can say is that I haven't been yelling at them as much. I do actually hug them, and I'm much more gentle about their smack/kisses. I take a deep breath, and use my nice mom voice, and tell them I love them. So, not a ton of improvement, but a little. And that's about all I can hope for - little improvements, and then improve upon those, and then those, and so on...
I did tackle the laundry room. It's not decorated or anything all cutesy, but I figured, no one EVER goes in there but me, so that kind of stuff can wait. At least for a little while. I do have a couple of ideas though, that I may just throw together sometime.
Here's the before:

And the after:


I know it's not super exciting, but the difference is HUGE when you're actually in the space. Even my kids commented on it. So you KNOW it was bad before.
There is an alcove with shelves in it that is just inside the door, but nothing really exciting happened there, except for clearing out the games and garbage - and now I actually have more space for storage. I just have to figure out how best to use it.
Really, it mostly involved FINALLY getting the boxes of junk out, and cleaning off the tops of the appliances. It's ridiculous how much garbage and tools and empty boxes end up in there! Oh well. It's much more pleasant to do laundry now.
I'm not 100% sure what my March project room is going to be. I have a family room downstairs that is completely lacking in any decor. There's a broken couch, a treadmill, a tv unit housing our tv and xbox stuff, and a lovely electronic keyboard. Oh, and the green coffee table that I painted last year -- which is also now broken. (still functional, but the bottom shelf is broken completely off) That room could use a lot of work.
But there's the boys' room still. That one is going to need a bed solution... But I guess in the meantime, I can get them to choose colors and some ideas for decor. I was actually thinking of dismantling some of our old bikes and using some of the gears for an art piece... Bryson's kinda interested in BMX lately...
And there's always {{ALWAYS}} the office. Oh well. I'll figure it out.
I just have to get through this week. It's the EXPO for John's Draw Collar stuff. Luckily, it is in SLC this year, so he doesn't have to go out of town, but he will be super busy all week. I'm excited to get to see what goes on at these events.
First - I know you all thought I'd be a wild success at changing up the bedtime
I did tackle the laundry room. It's not decorated or anything all cutesy, but I figured, no one EVER goes in there but me, so that kind of stuff can wait. At least for a little while. I do have a couple of ideas though, that I may just throw together sometime.
Here's the before:
And the after:
I know it's not super exciting, but the difference is HUGE when you're actually in the space. Even my kids commented on it. So you KNOW it was bad before.
There is an alcove with shelves in it that is just inside the door, but nothing really exciting happened there, except for clearing out the games and garbage - and now I actually have more space for storage. I just have to figure out how best to use it.
Really, it mostly involved FINALLY getting the boxes of junk out, and cleaning off the tops of the appliances. It's ridiculous how much garbage and tools and empty boxes end up in there! Oh well. It's much more pleasant to do laundry now.
I'm not 100% sure what my March project room is going to be. I have a family room downstairs that is completely lacking in any decor. There's a broken couch, a treadmill, a tv unit housing our tv and xbox stuff, and a lovely electronic keyboard. Oh, and the green coffee table that I painted last year -- which is also now broken. (still functional, but the bottom shelf is broken completely off) That room could use a lot of work.
But there's the boys' room still. That one is going to need a bed solution... But I guess in the meantime, I can get them to choose colors and some ideas for decor. I was actually thinking of dismantling some of our old bikes and using some of the gears for an art piece... Bryson's kinda interested in BMX lately...
And there's always {{ALWAYS}} the office. Oh well. I'll figure it out.
I just have to get through this week. It's the EXPO for John's Draw Collar stuff. Luckily, it is in SLC this year, so he doesn't have to go out of town, but he will be super busy all week. I'm excited to get to see what goes on at these events.
Comments
Anything to make laundry more pleasant is worth it!