John and I just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. Our wonderful primary president was willing to take our children for the weekend so we could "go out of town". Originally, we were going to try to fly to Puerto Rico. Or Southern California. But then the blizzards hit and the airlines were all messed up, and there was no way we were going to get out of Salt Lake on stand-by.
So our next plan was going to be to drive to San Diego, or Phoenix. Anywhere warm.
Then our storms hit. We decided that rather than risk getting stranded out of town, we'd just get a hotel in downtown Salt Lake. So we got a room at the Hilton.
It was a sweet deal. They included $150 in food credit (room service, or Spencers Steak and Chops). Awesome. Sold.
We left the kids on Thursday morning, and headed off to run a few quick errands before starting the "trip".
When we got to the hotel, we checked in, and headed out to Traxx. Bi-tter cold. We got to Gateway and the very first thing we had to do was get John decked out in winter gear. Hat, gloves, scarf.
Pretty hot, right?
John had bought me a haircut at a salon at Gateway about 2 months ago (from Groupon), so I decided to take a chance and use it.
Anyways... We had a blast. Eating yummy food, shopping, watching movies... It was wonderful to reconnect with each other.
![]() |
| eating THE best dinner at Spencer's. |
![]() |
| Oh, my, gosh. I'd never had bread pudding before, and thought it sounded gross, but wow. It was A-Mazing! |
| So romantic. The hotel sent up sparkling cider... |
I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend. I love that he makes me feel like he really does think I'm the most beautiful woman in the world. And that we laugh almost every day. He is the very best thing to happen to me, and I am so grateful that we were brought together.
Through the last 17 years, we've been through a lot. And I know that the future will bring even more joy and trials. But...
Our future's so bright that we've gotta wear shades!






Comments
xoxo,
Amy
I must say, you two are the cutest dang couple I've ever seen.
Seriously, Spencer's is our FAVORITE steak place, but we can only afford to go once in a while. But sooooooo good!
Glad you got to get away and have a good time!